“no problems, good tent site, good restrooms and showers...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cannon Beach
Sea Ranch RV Park & Stables
Longview, Washington
“no problems, good tent site, good restrooms and showers...”
Reviewed 4 August 2011

well, i just have a moment to say a few things: we stayed here last year on our way down the US coast. We were in and out, had no kids or pets, and stayed in a tent. We had ZERO problems and really enjoyed our stay. However, this year, after reading so many bad reviews I'm afraid to chance it and I'm going with Wright's which gets mostly glowing reviews....

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank sivadyert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Poor planning on my part made sea ranch our only option. We were very rudely greeted when we arrived, i have never been treated so poorly when staying anywhere. The campsites are very cramped. They nickel and dime you for everything possible. They even charged us for our only child who is age 5! The only thing good about this place is the well kept showers. We wont be returning ever again, as this was the only let down to our summer vacation.

3 Thank Hornedgoat

Travellers are raving about these Cannon Beach hotels

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Reserved a cabin and sent in deposit ($285) and then needed to change dates. Unable to get cabin, so settled for tent site ($33 a night) for 2 nights. When unable to go told that I would lose deposit because cancelled within 2 weeks. I understood and accepted this and expected to pay $66, however they told me that I would lose $285. I then asked that if I stayed for the 2 nights if they would credit me difference from deposit and cost of 2 nights at tent site and they said yes. I told them this made no sense and they told me that they did not care as this was their policy. They were rude and disrespectful. I went, pitched a tent, left to see friends in a nearby city for two nights, then returned and checked out and was credited deposit difference. Am I the only one who sees the incompetence in these people.

5 Thank calebsmt
Renton, Washington
Reviewed 3 July 2011

My family and I have come to Oregon for the 4th of July weekend for 5 years. This is the 1st time we had stayed at Sea Ranch RV Park. We couldnt have asked for a better place. The staff were very friendly and and willing to help you above and beyond. The owner works the gift shop and is a sweet lady. They have wi-fi (actuallywriting this while here lol) Recently the added a new general store/gift shop and an espresso stand all of which are great. In addition they have brand new washers and dryers in a nice laundry room with chair and wall plug-ins for your portable device charging needs. Oh the bathrooms are great and the showers are free and the water is plenty hot enough fr everyone to get a nice shower and feel refreshed. Around the back side of the bathrooms is a FAMILY bthrm which is great so the whole family can use it and shower and get ready, which for me was a god send with a 8, 5, and 4 year old. I wi;l definetley be reserving a spot for next year really soon. Thank you Sea Ranch for the great memories :)

Room Tip: Be sure to book ahead of time!!!!
2 Thank jabenoi
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed 31 March 2011

Before my friends and I went camping, I read all the reviews I could find on this campsite. I liked the spot, but I was intimidated by the negative comments about the owner and the staff. Well we went anyway and I can honestly say that it was quite wonderful.

My friends and I are really mellow people and quite layed back, so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with our experience. I called about 3 months ahead of time and made a reservation for a site I thought looked good on the map. When we arrived and checked in at the office, the staff nice enough, and we were pointed in the direction of our tent site. It was smaller than I had thought it would be and my neighbors were right next to us, but we placed my car and the tent in the right places to make the spot more private and it worked just fine.

We didn't pay a lot of extra fees because there were only 3 of us in one tent, one car and no pets, so I felt the price for the amazing location was decent. We didn't do any laundry while there, that's not something I do when camping so we didn't have any problems with the laundry room or store closing early. We did meet the owner a few times and she seemed okay. Perhaps like someone that would be quick to anger if assaulted with complaints, but we had no problem following the camp rules and so we had no trouble with her.

The bathroom was clean for a camping bathroom. I mean, this isn't a hotel room, it's not going to be spotless. The showers were adequate and the Coffee shop on campus had some really yummy flavors. To those people that complain about the cost of the store...Duh. Of course they're going to charge a lot. It's like movie theaters charging $4.50 for a bag of popcorn. The fact of the matter is, they are going to charge what they want and if you are willing to pay it, then you do, if not, then don't. But don't complain about it. I mean, there's a supermarket down the street in Cannon Beach, go buy what you need there at a reasonable price if you don't like it.

Overall, we planned in advance, asked questions when we had them, followed the rules and had a great time. In fact, we're going back this year!

Room Tip: Plan ahead of time
  • Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank ElvenNyx
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 4 February 2011

I won't exhaust you with details, I'll just chime in that the owners of this place are very rude, and I've never felt more swindled. I stayed once years ago and wasn't impressed - decided to give it another try on a recent trip.

Two travelers each wanting to put up a tiny solo tent.. they demanded $30 each for basically a tiny patch of gravel, and gave plenty of attitude. The most we've ever payed for a tent spot in our lives, and at the same time the worst attitude we've received from hosts. Simply amazing.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank moto_josh
Lake Stevens, Washington
Reviewed 16 January 2011

We have stayed in Cannon Beach every summer for 15 years. We choose Sea Ranch RV Park and Stables because we camp with a large group consisting of trailers and tents. The only other campground in Cannon Beach is a trailer only RV park. Otherwise, we'd stay there. Sea Ranch should be fairly complimented for their clean facilities, great bathrooms, well-kept areas and distance to the town and beach. Nice store and espresso stand, we have even taken advantage of their on-site masseuse. But every person there has been rude to us every single time we've stayed. It's as if they know they have a monopoly on the camping situation in this adorable, amazing town, and they can act however they want. Their prices are too high and too restrained to have such little customer service skills.

• Stayed August 2010