The unprepossessing exterior makes you think, "They're charging that much for this?" as you drive in, but the rooms have been made truly lovely. The bedroom had wonderful comfortable bedding, the bath was gorgeous, and the living room had gas fireplace, small refrigerator and equipped bar area, desk with free wireless internet, and huge windows and slider to private deck. Perched right above the sand with a close-up view of Haystack Rock, this is not the place for people worried about tsunamis! This is owned by the same people as the Stephanie Inn, and while that may be more picturesque, this is in a better location for walking into town to enjoy the many art galleries and gift shops. They do welcome dogs (only $15 more), and you can order room service meals in your room from their excellent restaurant, The Wayfarer. If you leave, you must not leave your dog in the room. Easy beach access is available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The oceanfront Surfsand Resort is steps from Haystack Rock and features stylish, contemporary guest rooms with a serene and tranquil vibe. IPod docs, deep soaking tubs, fitness center, indoor swimming pool, kids crafts and seasonal cabana service are just a few of the fun extras that you'll find at the resort. Located just 70 miles due west of Portland, this full-service resort welcomes guests with warmth and hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca and Evoline ltd so you can book your Surfsand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfsand Resort Cannon Beach
- Surfsand Hotel Cannon Beach