“Hospitable Innkeepers, lovely grounds”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Carlton
Brookside Inn on Abbey Road
Ranked #3 of 5 Carlton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 September 2016

I booked a room at the Brookside Inn for the Oregon Wine Country Half Marathon. As soon as the innkeepers found out that I was running the half marathon, they offered to make a "to-go" runner's breakfast for me. That was a very nice touch.

The room had everything I needed and opened onto the wrap-around porch and extensive grounds. The grounds include a large pond surrounded by trails with nut trees, berry vines and herb patches. There are several small waterfalls, a lovely gazebo, a rabbit hutch, a large garden, a playground, and a firepit. This is obviously an excellent venue for a country wedding.

The innkeepers are so welcoming! My brother and sister-in-law with their two teenagers came to visit me on both days of my stay. The innkeepers allowed me to give the key to my room to my brother and nephew so that they had a nice place to stay while my sister-in-law, niece and I ran the half marathon together. The race course goes right past the inn's driveway on Abbey Road, making this arrangement ideal for us.

Thanks for making our family half marathon experience a truly wonderful one!

Room Tip: The first floor rooms which open onto the wrap-around porch are the best!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 September 2016

We stayed for 2 nights in September at the Brookside Inn. The Inn is beautifully maintained and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious. The location is perfect for visiting vineyards. We also golfed. There are many excellent courses nearby. If you want to visit wineries and golf in the Willamette Valley, this Inn is a perfect choice.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed four nights at this lovely inn. It was very well appointed, quiet and very well hosted by Jerry and Erica Tindall.
The breakfast was wonderful, and the grounds were beautiful. We would definitely return to this well located and beautiful place when we want to do more wine tasting in the Willamette Valley.

Jerry and Ericka are special people that really rounded out a great experience.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2016

The Inn is fresh and clean, off the beaten path and quiet. Lovely property with a pond and garden. Very nice getaway. The Innkeepers are lovely folks and the dog as well is sweet, keeping the chickens in line. The concept is to relax therefore the lack of tv in your room and spotty wifi (due to heatwave) really encourage this. I did not have cell service either which was not an issue really but that is sprint for you. Breakfast was delicious and a friendly interaction with the Innkeepers and guests. I would stay again, seems like a perfect location for visiting the wine country, we were there for one night only on a road trip so some wine tasting in the future may be in order. Also, seems like a great family reunion location.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2016

Wife and I stayed here in August 2016. Photos are accurate: the space is beautiful. Location is great: Carlton is an awesome base to stay if you are hitting any of the Ribbon Ridge/Dundee wineries. We were told the rooms were renovated a year ago or so, and that looks/feels accurate. Breakfast is a little family style, vs. white glove service etc. but that was fine for me and my wife. Husband and wife team run the inn, and cook breakfast from scratch and are a delight. Grounds are beautiful with a lake, trees, trails, acres of greenery we did not explore, a vegetable garden, fresh-on-premise eggs etc. Just a very good location in the heart of wine country for a picturesque & quiet scene. Owner Jerry was able to arrange some last minute tastings with the hospitality director of one of the more well regarded wineries in the area - big plus for that!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2016

Brookside Inn is a calm and stunningly gorgeous retreat in beautiful wine country. The Inn was well-kept with a charming design aesthetic, spacious rooms, and shared living space. The location was convenient to get into town (McMinnville, Carlton, Dundee, etc.) yet secluded enough to enjoy the acreage and pond.
Even more charming than the ambiance were the innkeepers, Jerry and Erika, who were friendly and incredibly accommodating. Erika's breakfasts are reason enough to return! - but we will certainly be back to Brookside.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2016

Loved staying here. Refreshing location. Great for team building/ family get away. Nice walks nearby. The hosting team were very attentive and caring. Within easy reach of beautiful vineyards. I highly recommend this facility.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Brookside Inn on Abbey Road? Share your experiences!