“Nice ”

TouVelle State Recreation Site
Reviewed June 3, 2017 via mobile

Drove here from Ashland to see the Rogue River. Well kept park facilities, nice path along the river, good picnic tables and grills. Kudos to the state park system. Great place to spend a quiet afternoon with a light walk. Some families were swimming, we thought the strong current would be dangerous.

Date of experience: June 2017

Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

What my husband and I love most about TouVelle State Park are the hidden gems. When you drive all the way to the end of the parking lot, there are walking trails. We LOVE going out there, holding hands, and walking all around! It feels like you're the only people in the world.
When I was finishing up my college degree (about 20 years too late) I would take my dog with me, lay a blanket in the grass, and that's where I did my homework. With the river running through it, the sound is majestic and hypnotic!

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed April 3, 2017 via mobile

Stopped to make phone calls, eat lunch, and take a walk. Safe spacious, lots of parking, few people during the week mid-day. Parking lot is in disrepair but driveable - it's been a very wet winter lots of moss and growth in all cities and parks.

The entrance on both sides of the road is right before a bridge and easy to miss. There are subtle low key signs.

Worth a visit especially if you have kids.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed February 20, 2017

This has been a little getaway that the locals, including myself, have been going to since we could walk. It has miles of groomed trails, riverfront the entire way. It is a beautiful example of the Oregon outdoor that hasn't been touched by man too much. Enjoy a nice trail walk, that will be a highlight of your day.

Date of experience: August 2016