“Terrific menu and outdoor space!”

The Point Pub and Grill
Price range: US$5 - US$27
Cuisines: American, Pub, Grill, Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Point's mission is to be the world's best neighborhood pub and grill experience. Being the best means providing outstanding quality, service, cleanliness, and value, so that we make every customer smile and say "I'll be back!".
Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

We dropped by for lunch on our way through Medford at the suggestion of a friend. We are vegetarians and they had a nice veggie burger with sweet potato fries and a caprese ciabatta sandwich that were wonderful! The patio is wonderful, I could hang out and drink beer from their great selection all day!

HEW_AT_THE_POINT, Owner at The Point Pub and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2018

Hello, kimberly k!

We enjoy the wonderful reviews that we receive from many of our locals, but when we get one from someone from out of state, it is particularly special. We thank your friend for recommending our establishment. And, we thank you for making it a "point " to give us a try.

We are here when you are driving back home. Also, at the South Medford exit (mile marker 27) you can find our second location, The Point Pub and Grill of South Medford. A bit smaller venue, we duplicate the vintage atmosphere, excellent service and great food and drink from our Central Point location. It is a little more convenient to the highway, but either of our pubs would be a good choice. We hope to see you again!

Thank you, again, and cheers!

Hew - a Co-owner

Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

The trend of poor service continues here at the Point. Sitting at the table waiting, waiting and waiting for drink refills. Have to ask each time, when I can find the server, for more soda, waters or bar drinks. At one point another s ever jumped in to help us, at another point two of our group had to go into the bar in the other room to get drinks.

After the meal staff wouldn’t remove dirty dishes until I moved them to an empty table.

We want so badly for this to be a good restaurant but they continue to shoot themselves in the foot.

HEW_AT_THE_POINT, Owner at The Point Pub and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2018

Hello, sp4301.

Your comments are important to us. We take them to heart and will act upon them.

Apologies for the less than satisfactory service that you have received, and I can only say that we will continue to try to offer excellent service to you and all of our guests. Since opening in November, 2013, our customer rating for our Service at The Point Pub & Grill is 4.5/5, yet we realize the need for continued improvement. We also realize that there will just be days that we are not on our "A" game, but we will keep trying.

Always appreciated is the opportunity “on point” to correct anything that is not to your liking. It is most helpful to ask for the manager, and all corrective effort will be made to ensure you have a pleasant and positive experience.

Though rated #1 by Tripadvisor and having won the 2018 Southern Oregon Magazine Readers’ Choice Award, we understand that we can, and will strive to, continuously improve our offerings to our guests. Constructive feedback such as yours will help us to accomplish this.

Thank you for your visits to our pub and for your sincere interest in our success.

Hew – a Co-owner

Reviewed May 5, 2018

My husband and I stopped by for lunch yesterday (Friday). We had a simple lunch of soup and salad. The Clam Chowder was the best we've had in a long time. The Crispy Oriental Salad was wonderful & large enough for my husband and I to split. The waitress was very efficient and pleasant. Good place to go. The outside patio is now open too. We will be back soon.

HEW_AT_THE_POINT, Owner at The Point Pub and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2018

Good morning, kmccartney118.

We are pleased that you made it a “point” to have lunch with us., and we really appreciate this wonderful review.

Not to be biased, but I agree that the clam chowder is excellent and consistently so, and salads prepared by our chefs are also consistently delicious. May I suggest that you opt for salmon on one of our salads. I think you will find your taste buds will thank you.

If you have not yet done so, I invite you to try our patio next time you are in. We have just finished planting some more flowers, herbs and veggies, including adding an espalier fig tree this year, and the patio is looking good.

We hope to see you again soon. Thanks for “getting to The Point”!

Hew – a co-owner

Reviewed April 30, 2018

My friends and I like to stop in here after work some days. Great drinks, nice variety of brews, and yummy fish tacos.

HEW_AT_THE_POINT, Owner at The Point Pub and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2018

Hi, Ladyaries327!

Thank you for this succinct yet favorable and welcome review of our pub, i.e. thanks for getting to the point! And, thanks for getting to "The Point"! :-)

If you have not yet done so, try out our patio now that the weather is getting nicer. We appreciate your patronage!

Hew - a co-owner

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

We visited Central Point this weekend to attend the Cheese Festival (which would have been incredible had it not been so packed!!) and were impressed by this not-so-little town (I had no idea it was almost as large as Roseburg!). We walked back from the Festival to our car, looking for a good place to eat along the way. We passed a few spots that looked like they were classic local hangouts, and then came upon the pub.

From the moment we walked in, it was a comfortable atmosphere (although it looks like it can handle a busy Friday night, I’m sure!). The staff was friendly, and they all helped each other (it’s always nice to see collaborative efforts, especially when it starts to get busy). The food was good...classic pub fare, and a variety of microbrews on tap (along with a full bar). They have a kids menu, and our son enjoyed his fries and Mac and cheese.

We will definitely return!! They had cool swag for purchase, too (e.g., hats, vacuum-sealed growlers, water bottles, etc.). I resisted this time...but probably not next time!

This was an unexpected find...definitely worth a trip!

HEW_AT_THE_POINT, Owner at The Point Pub and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2018

Greetings, Katrina B!

Thank you for this wonderful review of our Point Pub and Grill. It looks like we caught you at just the right "Point" in time. As a neighborhood public house, the family-friendly, family-fun atmosphere and ambience, which you describe, fit our mission exactly.

We were indeed really packed, and we appreciate your understanding for any difficulties that come about in succeeding to provide excellent food and service under such conditions. In addition to the Cheese Festival and our usual St. Patrick's Day celebrations, I hope you had a chance to listen to the Bagpipers on the patio.

The huge crowd that we had this weekend was exceptional, and when you come back we will likely have a more reasonably sized group of guests, although I won't lie - that amount of business was indeed good to see. Try out our patio and our games-oriented interactive banquet room. You may also enjoy our second location just of the South Medford I-5 exit (the Super W-mart is across the street from us :-) ).

We really hope to see you again. As I like to say, to go anywhere else would be "Pointless".

Hew - a Co-Owner