See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

I was very happy with my stay for two weeks, and will stay again if I return. Lisa, the manager, and her staff are the nicest, hardest working people you’d want to stay with. Rooms are recently updated, immaculate, and a real deal. Service is fast and friendly. If you need a reasonable place to stay in the Coos Bay Area, look no further.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Lisa M, Manager at New Terrace Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2018

Thank you so much ! It is people like yourself that make it all worth it at the end of the day . We loved having you here with us and sure miss seeing you ! We all thank you and wish you the best !

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

The new management is amazing. Rooms are very clean. And Lisa the manager is so sweet. And is very kid friendly. I would highly recommend this motel. They provide breakfast and little treats for the kiddos.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Barbara V
Reviewed November 5, 2016

Just checked in Thursday. Moved to the area and was looking for a place to stay while I look for an apartment. Awesome find. VERY newly remodeled. No dirty carpet and most importantly NO BUGS. Management is great. Have stayed in extended stays from here to Tampa and this is at the top of the list of cleanest and nicest. It isn't the Ritz, but it is far from what I am seeing people say.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Terri B, Manager at New Terrace Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2017

"Thank You" David, we need to show how nice this place has become.

Reviewed May 27, 2015 via mobile

This was the only time I have ever left a room to check into a different hotel down the road.

The whole experience started with a phone call around 6:30pm asking if I was still going to check in that day. I got the impression this was a "where are you, we want to leave" phone call rather than a courtesy call. The motel details clearly state you can check in up to 10:00pm.

We arrive to the motel around 7:00pm and the woman was friendly enough, but the man was extremely unprofessional. He was very dirty, unkempt, and spoke rudely. Once our keys were given to us we were told that management was leaving for the night and that nobody would be at the front desk. This was the Friday of the Memorial Day weekend so I can only assume management wanted to go party or something.

While walking to our room, which was directly beside the smelly dumpster, we noticed a lot of vagrant looking people just hanging around. Lots of just sitting around drinking and smoking, coming in and out of their rooms constantly. It made us feel uncomfortable with our car being parked there, not to mention the door didn't have a dead bolt, just a flimsy handle lock.

Upon entering the room we were hit with a strong aroma of stale, musty room. The room looked very old and the window coverings were very thin, almost see through. We figured, we paid for the room, let's just sleep in our clothes and make the best out of it and leave early in the morning.

As we sat on the edge of the bed, watching a little TV we noticed a large bug climbing up the wall which prompted me to start looking around a little more. I found that the room was crawling with mini cockroach looking bugs. They seemed to be coming from under the fridge. That was the last straw for us, I told my wife to pack her stuff and we left the motel to check into the Super 8 down the road.

As the front desk was left unattended for the evening, I couldn't even ask anybody for a refund or at the very least a room change.

I would not recommend anybody stay at The New Terrace Motel. You can find much better accommodations for just a little more money. You'll feel much safer and be able to enjoy a restful sleep for a few more dollars.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Owen B
Reviewed April 25, 2015

I visited for a couple of days because I have people I needed to see in Coos Bay. I thought this was a decent enough deal, but then I dealt with the tiny room and disheveled management and regretted my decision. The feeling I got was that I wasn't welcome because the smoky office area had someone in it that was fairly annoyed at my presence, though I was nothing but nice.

Then when they showed me my room, I couldn't really understand what the issue was with its layout. The bathroom was super small, and they make the walls really close to the toilets. Not to mention there were problems with the lack of cleaning I noticed.

I decided to stay and all day people were talking outside. A couple of people asked me for a cigarette and I don't smoke, and it was rather annoying to have to deal with people each time I wanted to go out to the store or to wait on a ride. They need to do something about the people hanging out.

Their wifi may work for like 10 minutes, but then it slows to a crawl. I couldn't really do much on there, I'm thinking there are too many people using it at once or something. I didn't even want to touch the coffee or breakfast, or really go into the office in general since the people working there are nice one minute and complete grouches the next.

I'm never going back, and the other chain motels in the area are the same price pretty much so at least I gave it a try and know now where not to stay!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo