“Delightful place and host”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coos Bay
This Olde House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 5 Coos Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the Magnolia Room. Good sleep on the Kingsize bed. Nice Pinot waiting for. Breakfast huge with fruit , scones, fresh local blackberry cobbler, bacon, sausage, eggs and beverages. But best of all was chatting with the owner. A delightful woman who has led a very full life. She is a bit of a shopper/hoarder so the rooms are full to the ceiling with objects d'arte and kitschy stuff. We had a lovely time.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank TexasFiona

Reviewed 25 May 2014

My wife and I recently spent a couple of nights at this bed & breakfast while visiting Coos Bay in southern Oregon. The house is an impressive, older-style Victorian home both charming on the inside and has lovely well-kept gardens on the outside. Our room was clean, well-kept and thoroughly comfortable. However the best feature of this bed & breakfast is its owner/operator Sally. She is a warm, friendly and thoroughly engaging individual who cannot do enough to make the stay enjoyable. Her rates are quite reasonable and the homemade breakfasts she provided were exceptional. We cannot say enough good things about this B&B and its owner ... we heartily recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bankey2
Reviewed 19 September 2013

First I want to say how wonderful the owner, Sally, is. She is a lovely woman, a kind hostess, and great cook. The room was large and comfortable. The bed was amazingly comfortable and warm and the bathroom was clean and well stocked. We needed a place to stay after a long journey and unfortunately tragic day and this was the perfect place. We were so glad we found it. I can't really say much about the location as we were just passing through. If we ever end up in Coos Bay again, we'll definitely stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 20 November 2012 via mobile

Clutter everywhere. Utensils, glasses, towels that have not been changed in a decade if not more. The breakfast was ok, not terrific. It was way more expensive than it should have been. I would put it on par with a motel. I personally would have preferred the bagel breakfast in town.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank RainbowTanker
Reviewed 14 July 2012

The innkeeper Sally is VERY nice; immediately upon arrival she asked if there was anything she could do for us, and gave us a bottle of our choice of the many types of wine she had for us to have as we liked during our stay. Her breakfasts were some of the very best we've had at any of the many B&B's we've stayed in. The small front yard is beautifully landscaped & kept. The outside of the house is elegant, and the inn is within walking distance to the visitors center, bay boardwalk, and the immediate downtown area. The down side is that while Sally is very energetic & lively, at 80 years old and doing it herself, maintaining the inn is obviously just too much. There are many signs of deferred maintenance; old stained carpet, peeling wallpaper, and walls & trim that needed painting.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dfaye26
Reviewed 15 December 2011

I was in Coos Bay for a co-worker's retirement party held close by. I avoid hotel chains when I can. This is the slow season so I got a good deal and was the sole occupant. 2nd time in 2 weeks that I had a lodging establishment to myself.

The owner, Sally, showed me to my room, offered me a glass of wine or a beer. I declined and she handed me the keys and when I offered to pay for the room she said we would settle up in the morning. We discussed the second 'B' in B&B and she proposed 8:30 and her eyes bugged out when I countered 7 (I had a meeting to get to). We compromised at 7:30 AM.

I went out and returned to an empty inn. I went to bed and fell asleep. I could smell bacon in the morning as I was getting dressed. She prepared a very nice and very large breakfast. Eggs, bacon, sliced fruit, pancakes, OJ, coffee, and a lot of conversation. She is a wonderful character and she was full of conversation.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 November 2011

We were greeted by Sally, the lovely lady who owns This Olde House, and made us immediately feel at home. She decorated the home with antiques, but has also provided her guests with modern luxuries. All the rooms have king sized beds and private bathrooms. One room has a fireplace and is so large it takes up the entire third story. In the morning we lingered over a huge, very tasty breakfast. She said one guest had told her she served a lumberjack breakfast, and I think you'll agree. If you are looking for a special experience, this charming lady and her B&B is the place for you. I will be coming back again and again. Already planning a stay early in December when a friend and I come to see the Christmas light display at Shore Acres in nearby Charlestown.

Room Tip: Two rooms have an extra bed and a view. We didn't care about the view nor the extra bed, so cho...