“Very good sashimi and nigiri sushi”
Review of Tokyo Bistro

Tokyo Bistro
Ranked #7 of 85 Restaurants in Coos Bay
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2015

We have been several times and enjoyed each visit. The selection is a bit limited but what they have is excellent. They always have the old standards, though. The service is very good and the atmosphere very nice. It is small and intimate and the sushi bar is just right for about six. At tables they probable can seat around thirty. They also have a pretty credible selection of sakes for those so inclined. We will continue to be frequent visitors even though it is a bit off the beaten path. The extra mile or two drive is well worth it.

Reviewed October 18, 2015

Great new spot to eat in Coos Bay with outstanding service, good choices, lots of entertainment on the menu. Fair pricing and lot of choices, even for one vegetarian daighter. This is now our favorite dinner out. Make reservations-- dining area is small.

Reviewed October 14, 2015

I have to start off with stating how good the service was. GREAT waiter. The rest of the staff greeted us as we entered and had a kind goodbye as we left. The food was as you would expect from a Japanese restaurant. Sushi was pretty good and at a decent price. A little disappointing they didn't have a very common egg sushi (tamago) available. I will definitely go back the next time I'm in Coos Bay.

1  Thank DrummerD2
Reviewed October 13, 2015 via mobile

Went to the Tokyo Bistro today in Coos Bay and enjoyed some of the best Sushi and appetizers of recent memory. I had a warm Saki and Edamame with a Missoyaki Mussel side. The Mussel dish was six large mussels perfectly prepared. I clearly had plenty to eat at that point but couldn't resist one Sushi Roll. Therefore, I opted for the Japanese Mafia Roll which was spectacular! The Edamame was really good with pink salt and I think chili powder or something like it that added a little "heat" to it. I highly recommend Tokyo Bistro for great food and perfect service!

1  Thank Tim D
Reviewed October 4, 2015 via mobile

The sushi is perfectly fresh and so delicious! The bento box is a great deal, and the teriyaki fish bowl is outta this world. Tokyo Bistro is my favorite! !!
The only unusual thing is the vegetable tempura. The vegetables are thinly sliced, so you get more batter than usual.