“A very good choice when in Corvallis!”

Comfort Suites of Corvallis
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Corvallis
Tucson, Arizona
“A very good choice when in Corvallis!”
Reviewed 11 December 2011

I see the "U" shaped curve in the reviews for this location thus far and they really puzzle me. There was absolutely nothing wrong with my stay, and I'm picky and always looking for something to comment about back here at Trip Advisor.

This is a nice place, clean, newer, roomy, safe and secure. Nice breakfast, prompt courteous service, and convenient location. I honestly can't see any reason to rate this nice place down the way some have. It's no resort - just a motel - but plenty comfortable.

One, ONE VERY BIG caveat: if there are school buses in the parking lot ask - no, demand a floor that they are not booked on.

Room Tip: This is off the street enough that I don't think one side is any quieter than the other.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
the sea
Reviewed 15 November 2011

The halls, third floor, reeked of bad Chinese food. Thye're trying to be more than they are, too pricey. Rooms were ok.

Room Tip: just ok not great
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank spongebob306
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 10 June 2011

Management was extremely rude and hostile. The breakfast was substandard. I have never had such a negative experience with a hotel owner!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
10 Thank assignedtravelagent
Woodacre, CA
Reviewed 1 March 2011

The Salbasgeon Suites are located in a cluster of other hotels in a retail area in Corvallis. It was great to walk to Jamba Juice, Trader Joes, and dinner at King Tin, a very good Chinese restaurant. The pool and hot tub were excellent. Although providing the awesome amenity of providing a computer in each room, the Internet connection was weak and continually failed, both on the room computer and our own devices. The plumbing in the room was also weak. The breakfast was really good. The hotel was very busy with swim teams and other youth sports, and the service was rather impersonal. Parking was free. The room is set up with two queen beds immediately, then a sort of room divider, and then a living room.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank woodacre
Seattle
Reviewed 21 February 2011

It was an OK hotel room. Bathroom was very clean, but I did find a pair of child's glasses on the floor when I checked in -- they blended in with carpet color, but it did make me question how well they vacuumed the room. My biggest problem was that the water never got hot in the shower. It was just warm. I had friends staying here too - for some the water was hot, others had the same problem I did. The breakfast wasn't very good either -- eggs were rubbery. I ended up eating instant oatmeal because the hot breakfast choices weren't at all tasty.

• Stayed February 2011
7 Thank Boris W
New Jersey
Reviewed 24 January 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights to attend a friend's wedding. All of the wedding guests stayed there. The rooms were clean and quiet. And, it was very reasonably priced, especially considering how huge the rooms are!! They also offered a free breakfast in a dining room off the lobby every morning! The only complaint I have is that the internet on the computer in the room was very slow and kept crashing, although they do have a small business center off the lobby area with other, somewhat faster computers. Overall, I highly recommend this hotel; it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Ashland, Oregon
Reviewed 5 January 2011

My family was returning home from Tacoma Washington from attending a funeral when bad weather forced us off the freeway. My daughter wanted a hotel with a indoor pool so we opted to give this property a try.

This property is unsurpassed in location, customer service and accomodations. At first I thought I was upgraded to a superior room, however thier front desk advised it was a standard double. Extremely large room and very clean. My family really enjoyed the indoor pool and spa. A great breakfast was included in the rate. Would definately stay again. Very clean and safe hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family