Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Stunning hot springs with gorgeous views!

Gigi F
Boise, Idaho
Crystal Crane hot springs. South eastern Oregon

Wonderful place. Friendly helpful staff. Hot spring was perfect after a day of driving. Will... read more

Reviewed October 14, 2018
Jeanne L
via mobile

All reviews large pond eastern oregon camp kitchen crystal crane common room rv sage
Reviewed March 12, 2018

We have been going here for the last 10 years and it seems they have lost their hospitality. They messed up our reservations. We called 6 weeks ahead to reserve one cabin for two nights and an RV site for two nights. We got there and they had us down for 2 cabins for one night and one night of RV hookup. They did refund us the cabin but they were very rude about it. They even said they were having "reservation issues" and that their turnover for staff has been high in the last month. I wonder why. If they have the same camp host I can see why. He is very rude, accused us of being "drunk and disorderly" the last time we were there. We have never been "drunk and disorderly" at our (once upon a time) favorite hot springs. The water was so hot that it almost made you sick to sit in it for very long. We asked them if they could check it as we heard others in the pond saying it was too hot. They checked it and said, "We did turn it down, what it read at is NOT IMPORTANT. They assured us they turned it down to get in the next morning to the same VERY HOT temperatures. Their beds in their cabins are VERY UNCOMFORTABLE. I think GREED has taken over here.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed October 5, 2017

Crystal Crane Hot Springs is a drive to get to. However, it sets in a beautiful valley. It makes for a nice, short getaway. The hot springs sets in fine gravel, shaped like a large pond. Very natural, nature experience. The water temperature is perfect. The scenery is perfect. I enjoyed the sunset followed by night time stargazing.

They offer a variety of overnight accommodations from tenting to small rooms with sharing bathrooms to ranch house to accommodate families. Serves to accommodate a variety of budgets. The overnight accommodations includes your admission to the hot springs.

I stayed in one of the Sage Inns which is a small cabin with a short walk to the restrooms. The overnight experience is like camping/yurting. No frills or thrills, but a very nice out in the middle of nature, relaxing experience.

Because it is a drive to anywhere, plan to bring your own food. There isn't a restaurant or market on site. The water in the Camp Kitchen is good to drink. The Camp Kitchen provides the kitchen basics such as table, chairs, sink, stove, fridge, etc. You supply your own food.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed October 5, 2017

Large natural hot spring with very hot water. Skin feels great after! Day price is not too bad and parking is easy.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed February 18, 2017 via mobile

The staff and facilities are awesome...just stopped in for an hour soak in a private room. Perfect environment to decompress and relax in the soothing waters. I've stayed in the cabins a few times as well and loved it!

Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

I was looking for dark skies for the meteor shower viewing. I found this location and thought we would give it a try. The skies do not get dark enough for my liking but I could make out a fuzzy Andromeda Nebula with binoculars. The Milky Way band is faintly visible.

The soak pool is wonderful when quiet as in late evening and early morning. Not so much fun when the kids as being wild and noisy. The water ranges from 98 to 106 degrees. Nice except in the heat of the day. There are private tubs you can rent by the hour for $15 per hour for a couple.

The cabins are quaint. The small air conditioner will cool the room in the heat of summer to a comfortable level. The cabins have power and are well kept. You will get towels, comfortable beds, shampoo and soap. They do not make up the rooms or provide additional towels during your stay. However, you can ask if you have a need for towels if you are staying more than 2 days.

They have a kitchen available for food prep and a barbecue. There are central showers and a bathrooms for men and women. These essentials are centrally located for use by cabins, campers and trailers. Yes, there are camping spaces and trailer spaces.

I have stayed in the Sage Inn and the cabins by the soaking pool. My preference is the cabins by the soaking pool. The Sage Inn has 3 single beds per room but is farther from the bathrooms.

I recommend breakfast at the Crane Cafe down the road 2 miles east. The cafe has gas and serves meals until 7 pm. Burns is 30 miles west and had a Safeway grocery, gas, etc.

Date of experience: August 2016