“Great clam chowder ”
Review of Gracie's Sea Hag

Gracie's Sea Hag
Ranked #6 of 36 Restaurants in Depoe Bay
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

We love the Sea Hag. They have fresh fish and great chowder. Good atmosphere and reasonable prices. It is good for families as well as couples.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,281)

Reviewed July 19, 2018

We had 6 in our party and none of us had ever been to Depoe Bay before. My daughter looked at reviews for restaurants and this one had decent reviews. We were seated right away. We ordered crab and shrimp stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer. The were buried in some kind of creamy buttery sauce and you had to fish them out of the dish (excuse the pun). It was a little rich for me, but it was an appetizer so I didn't really mind because we were all sharing it. I ordered the stuffed pacific sole. Unless I missed something or just aren't used to the way things are cooked here, I did not expect it to be in a small dish floating in creamy butter. It was so rich and buttery that that is all I tasted. I'm generally a healthy eater and did not expect all this butter. It was overwhelming. My son in law seemed to enjoy his seafood pasta dish, but the rest of us were not overly impressed. I wouldn't eat here again, but if you love butter and heavy cream you should definitely check this place out. The service was pretty good although it seemed to take our server a bit to warm up. She was all business at first, but then became friendlier through our dinner.

Reviewed July 14, 2018

We stop here every year when visiting the Oregon Coast, the best chowder and fish and chips. The service is great. Alivia was our server the last two years and she is super. She even remember us from the year before. We love this restaurant and recommend stopping when in Depot Bay.

Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

Took us a while to decide So many items on menu Food was good Server nice job
But nothing was over the top!

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

It was busy. We were part of a rush and expected to have to wait a while. Our service was good but the two parties seated before us were still waiting for their drinks to arrive as we were getting our check. The food was great but there is a dysfunction in the restaurant that is going to hurt them if not corrected.

1  Thank Tom L