All reviews complimentary sherry nature trail hot breakfast pastries stay there again balcony overlooking the bay nice deck a great place to stay common room great weekend sliding door breakfast room whale watching taffy boats dvds fireplace
Reviewed July 31, 2012

ok I must admit i was a little hesitant at first to stay here due to some of the reviews. But I found this to be a verry delightfull place ! I brought my wife here for 3 nights we found our room to be verry nice and comfortable and the owners Bob and Beni are a jewel in themselves!!! they are new owners and are pretty much a one man and woman show Bob cooks breakfast every morning and we were never dissapointed! It was always excelant! some of the reviewers said that after 6.00pm BOBand Beni dissapeared! well duh!!! they have a lot to do and if you have ever stayed at a bnb you know its a bed and breakfast not a im at your beck and call not fair for whoever said that in there review I almost missed out on a wonderfull experience because of someones negatievity,as new owners Bob and Beni seem to be making some wonderfull changes to this great place althoe for some its not fast enough!!! thats sad as all we had was an awsome experience and loved the fact that we were made to feel at home and were treated like family! sure the inn keepers are not around all the time, but hey do you stay at your job 24/7 I give them a 10 for making it work I will be back again and again as I understand that the world does not revolve around me ,and well things happen that we have no controle over! so we need to lern to take life as it comes its really sad that I almost let a few nay sayers keep me fom a truly awsome birthday wkend for my wife so in closing i want to incourage annyone thinking about this place to go for it make the best of it and you will have a great time!!!as far as the walls being to thin this was not a problem for us we have been on cruise ships with thiner walls and we have servived sorry that some folks have seriouse entitlement isues that that they cant get over themselves and enjoy whats in front of them... Beni and Bob we love you and we will be back!!! Dan and Cathe

Room Tip: room 104 on lower floor we had a door from room to outside with chaires and a nice view of the bay and the parking lot that the fishermen use saw manny ann interesting person while sitting outside!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank danthebakerman
Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

Nice owner and very clean. Pretty view of the bay. Nice place to stay!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Having checked these premises on Google, unfortunately we forgot to check the Tripadvisor site. If you read their web page, we would take issue with the following claims they make. 1 - evening meal, this wasn't mentioned and the 'innkeepers' closed down at 6 pm, locked the doors and disappeared. 2 - Wi-fi throughout, wrong, this was NOT available on the lower floor. 3 - Hot cooked breakfast to order, this was a joke, No cereal, a toaster but no bread, no choice of cooked breakfast, the choice was what the innkeeper was cooking or nothing! the icing on the cake was the total lack of warm drinks, there was no coffee/tea in the rooms or anywhere in the premises until 0630 when there was some available in the dining room! We arrived at 4.30pm and had to go to a local garage to get a cup of coffee. The bed was the hardest I have slept on, I say on as it was so hard I didn't sink in! The hotel provides binoculars in the room, but we don't know why as all the view is a car park and a small harbour with rusty fishing boats. To sum up, even at their 'reduced' summer rate, this was ridiculously overpriced, there is a Motel 1/2 mile up the road that is a lot better value for money.

• Stayed: June 2012
7  Thank CheltenhamSKI_couple
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Although this place can be found under B&B's, it is more of an Inn with breakfast included than a B&B. Expectations can be higher when one looks for a B&B as a weekend getaway. The rooms are standard quality for an Inn or Motel, with the addition of fireplaces with a 4-hour log, and some brandy with chocolates as a nightcap. Breakfast was also standard fare as far as omelettes, hash browns, muffins and the like. Beni and Bob have been the innkeepers and are very nice people. They have been constrained in terms of upgrades by the owner but now are in the process of purchasing the Inn. They have many ideas to improve the facilities and will begin after the sale is closed. The rooms as well as a living area and breakfast room provide great views of Depoe Bay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LuckyTravel4_2_24
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We enjoyed seeing the effort the owners put into creating a unique B&B on the harbor in Depoe Bay. Nice common areas and amenities. Nice breakfast of eggs benedict, large fruit parfait, coffee, and unlimited juice.

The harbor view was unique, but it is interrupted by a large parking lot below the Inn. Also a plus, the location of the Inn is very quiet. Surprisingly no highway traffic noise, though the bridge is in view across the harbor. But there were also no "ocean" noises you tend to expect on the coast.

I purchased this room as a special Mother's Day getaway for my wife, and splurged to get the deluxe king bed room and jetted tub. The innkeeper gave us a great recommendation for an entertaining and enjoyable dinner at the Sea Hag (with a wonderful Hawaiian pianist/guitarist/singer) and we looked forward to a nice relaxing night in our king bed room.

The bed was very comfortable, though the pillows a bit flat. We browsed the nice selection of DVDs downstairs, brought up our refreshments from the refrigerator, lit the fire log, and put on a movie. But we had to pull the TV hutch as far as we could toward the bed to enjoy the picture on an older 25-inch "square" TV.

I had paid an extra $40-$50 to get the jetted tub, as my wife suffers from fibromyalgia and benefits greatly from hot water and jets for therapy. However, the water was only luke warm, and unfortunately a bit discolored. My wife added a little shampoo to create bubbles for the jets, still determined to enjoy the water, but was only in the tub for 5 minutes as the water was just too cold and the jets would not turn on, despite our repeated efforts to flip every switch we could find. She was gracious, but I was super disappointed, and frustrated that I paid so much for a non-functioning amenity. Determined to put on a good face and not spoil a rare getaway, I resolved to address this in the morning.

When we awoke, we actually discovered there was no hot water at all. The innkeeper mentioned at breakfast to us and one other couple that he had a plumber onsite for repairs. But unfortunately, he made no motion to "make it worth our while." (Such unexpected expenses are unfortunate, but both repairs and discounts to customers are tax-deductible, and the best word-of-mouth advertising you can buy.)

When I mentioned the jetted tub was also out of order and that this was the only reason I had "upgraded" our room online, the owner made no effort to refund the difference in the room cost, which would have been the least he could do. Instead, he simply said he was glad I didn't call after 10 p.m. because he was in bed sound asleep.

Later, after an e-mail exchange, he offered 25% off a future stay, but unfortunately it was too little, too late. I understand we caught them on a bad weekend, but in this competitive industry and economy, customers expect more for service and amenities at B&Bs, especially when paying premium prices for special lodging experiences.

I'd really like to have given this quaint B&B a better review/rating, but unfortunately our experience and the innkeeper's response prevents this. We came for a romantic weekend, and we enjoyed a romantic weekend. But it was really in spite of the circumstances.

Still, if folks are looking for a quieter, off-the-highway sleeping experience with a homemade breakfast in a pleasant, whimsical/nautical dining atmosphere, I think this could be the ticket, especially if you get a special deal somewhere. However, if you are seeking a spa-type room with modern luxurious appointments, try another route.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple