“Amazing Mother Daughter Weekend at U of O”
Review of Inn at the 5th

Inn at the 5th
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Eugene
Deephaven, Minnesota
“Amazing Mother Daughter Weekend at U of O”
Reviewed 9 May 2012

This was one of the best experiences I have had in lodging ... EVER! I am in the hotel business in Minnesota and they inspired me! I stayed from Sat (5)- Tuesday ( 8th, just got home yesterday.) I have never posted a review before but had to tell everyone considering a hotel in Eugene what an amazing place this is. The staff is ABOVE AND BEYOND friendly. The bellman , front desk, management and staff were all amazing and genuine. I am going to book my trip for next fall's Duck football games as soon as possible because when people find out about this GEM they are going to be sold out every night! The area is also amazing with the variety of restaurants and shops at the 5th St. Market. I miss this place already and can't wait for September!

Room Tip: Anything with a balcony! So awesome to sit outside with coffee in the morning or wine at night!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank bethkellogg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 7 May 2012 via mobile

I travel all over the world, and this was one of my best experiences. A well thought-out hotel, new and nice touches, and a friendly, competent staff. We felt like we were in a boutique hotel in San Francisco or such--beautiful, calming lobby area with check-in at a private desk, luxurious bed and linens, nice in-room amenities. Asked nicely for an upgrade on a busy weekend, and was given one with a smile. Gotta like that! Plus, it's just Eugene, so staff is down to earth and really aim to please--none of that big-city snobbery (and I live in a big city). Minor celebrity sighting at valet park area confirmed this is the best place to be in Eugene. Great restaurants nearby and easy walk to campus and Saturday market. No more Hilton for me!

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank aeromom
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 3 May 2012

My husband and I just spent 4 nights in Eugene at the Inn at the 5th. We had heard about the Inn from friends who lived in the area and made a reservation when we were going to visit our son who is a student in town. From the minute we checked in and were greeted by Amber we were surprised and impressed. The hotel just opened in January and everything is brand new and stylish, featuring art and furnishings by local artists. The location is prime and sits in the middle of a charming area of shops and restaurants. In fact, Marche, a terrific bistro is right next door and is the source of the room service for the Inn. Our junior suite was spacious, well appointed and unique; flat screen tvs, Italian linen bedding, refrigerator and sleek, roomy bathroom. Everything was impeccable and well thought out.
The young staff was upbeat, attentive and knowledgeable. Their familiarity with Eugene was an asset since we were unfamiliar with the area; their directions and restaurant recommendations were spot on. We already have another reservation to stay at the Inn and look forward to it. I honestly hesitated to write this review because while I think it is important to give credit to businesses that “get it”, I worry that the Inn will get so full I won't be able to book a reservation!

Room Tip: The balconies are a nice feature...it's great to leave the door open to the breeze.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank bosslady500
Manhattan Beach, California
Reviewed 25 April 2012

After years of being tortured by the Hilton in Downtown Eugene, there is a real hotel that you feel good about staying in. It's all new, which is nice, and the service is very friendly. The rooms are wildly comfortable with quality bedding and excellent bath amenities. It's like an upscale boutique but bigger. It's attached to a fashionable shopping, dining center. This will be my first choice on any trip to Eugene.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank fozzetti
Fair Oaks, California
Reviewed 23 April 2012

When I read about the plans for The Inn at 5th in Eugene, I wondered if it would live up to the promise. It exceeded it. Everything about the place is great. We were greeted by very friendly valet and front desk staff who were very helpful and maintained there friendliness throughout the trip. The lobby was impressive without being too overblown. The room was spacious, well appointed, and very comfort with a lot of 5 star quality touches. It looks like every room has a nice view of downtown Eugene.

The location is perfect, too, with several of Eugene's top restaurants within an easy walk. The Fifth Street market is right there and the Hult Center and Saturday Market are a few blocks away.

The Inn at 5th is a little pricey by Eugene standards but worth it if you want to enjoy one of the area's very top hotels.

Room Tip: Many of the rooms have balconies but we had a nice view with a very comfortable bench at the window...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank tomaoror
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I will admit that as I've aged, I've become a hotel snob. With that said, when I planned a visit to Eugene, OR to tour the University of Oregon, I was NOT confident that I would find a hotel that would meet my requirements of comfort, spa-like luxury, AND family convenience. The Inn on 5th met/exceeded all of my expectations. The hotel is attached/adjacent to 5th Street Market, which is occupied by boutiques and restaurants. After a long day of touring the UofO campus, it was great to arrive at the Inn and have many eating options available within the Market. We were greeted quickly and politely by the valet, manager and front desk personnel. Check-in was a snap. The room was spacious, modern, with a flat-screen 42" HD TV (with HD channels), a butler door that eliminated the need to open the door to receive room service, a gorgeous huge tiled two-person shower and dual sinks. Bedding was high-end cotton. Extra touches included a Keurig single brew coffeemaker, scale, a full-size armoire and Aveda products.

I would've given the hotel 5 stars -- however, the downside of the hotel is it's proximity to a railroad. An Amtrak train came thru at 6:30 am on a Saturday morning with full horns honking. Note that my family brought ear plugs and we were all wearing them.

Outside of being awakened by the speeding train, the hotel exceeded my expectations. Especially liked getting desserts from Marche (provides room service + full dining) , a lovely bistro in the 5th Street Market. Again, the hotel is pricey, however, it will more than suit my needs when I visit my soon-to-be freshman next fall.

Room Tip: Ask for a plaza-facing room. All the plaza rooms have small balconies and have a bit of a sound bar...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank regalgal
Newport, Oregon
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Starkly modern, extremely comfortable, in a great location -- we loved it! Even though it's prices are high, compared to the Hilton (the only other good hotel in downtown Eugene), the incremental difference is well worth spending. Our bathroom was outstanding -- very large shower and two sinks. It's proximity to Marche, our favorite restaurant in Eugene, and the shops of the 5th Street Public Market make it a very fun place to stay and a complete experience. Marche now serves breakfast with an excellent small menu which makes staying at the Inn at 5th even more delightful.
We travel to Eugene several times a year and will definitely return.

Room Tip: If you need a bedside table and reading lamp on both sides of the bed, be sure to ask. The room we...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple