“Great price for our need!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Eugene

Americas Best Value Inn Eugene
Ranked #21 of 34 Hotels in Eugene
Grants Pass, Oregon
“Great price for our need!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

The room was very clean. Old interior and not much space. Small bathroom. However, due to a last minute change in plans on our trip, it meet our needs well. Management was very pleasant. We will definitely stay there again. Sadly, not due to the hotels fault, we had a insomniac for a neighbor in the room next door. She kept me up as well.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Portland, OR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

Four of us stayed here after a Ducks football game. We had a two-bedroom "suite" which was an oddly laid out chunk of an old two-story house. Note: this review is specific to the suite, as we didn't see the interior of any of their standard motel rooms.

We had a kitchen (stove, microwave, refrigerator, sink), one bathroom, a TV/sitting area with table, two chairs, and small sofa, and two bedrooms upstairs (one king, one double). The suite would comfortably sleep five. All three rooms had TVs with cable. Complimentary continental breakfast included cereal, juice, and make-your-own waffles.

The rooms were clean but run down, and there were a few head-bumping overhangs in the stairwell. One in our party claimed to see a mouse running across the floor as we entered the room, but we saw no sign of it again.

I'd rank the suite along with hostels I've stayed in, or old mom & pop motels on the Oregon Coast. The Embassy Suites, it's not.

It was among the cheapest places available on a game day, and for a group of guys looking for a place to crash after a Ducks football game, it was fine.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

Overall good experience. Management and service staff were all helpfull, professional and friendly. Rooms were kept up and clean, with little to complain about.
Rates could be worked on and discounted for public safety, firefighters and military/veterans

• Stayed October 2011
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

This is a excellent hotel to stay. The rates are economical. Very good customer service.
Its definetely a home away from home. everything was good.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Springfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

My wife and I were pleasantly surprised at just how good a lower priced motel can really be.
Check in was easy, check out the same. The breakfast was good and the management friendly.
When ever we are in Eugene, we certainly will stay here again. For all you get, we expected a
higher price. Very good place!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
New Bern, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

Pros: The staff we came in contact with were pleasant and efficient. We used a coupon from one of the Roomsaver magazines, and did get a good price for the night. It is relatively convenient to the highway, and the breakfast was adequate (though the room where it's served is tiny). The bathroom fixtures were clean, as were the sheets.

Cons: The hotel is located between two streets. Our room only had one lock, and the door was slightly smaller than the frame, showing light around it when closed. Wireless internet access is available, but if you forget your computer, they have an "office" you can use, but it costs extra. They advertised an "Easy Chair in every room." There wasn't really room for it in our room, but it was there; and it had large round stains on both sides of the seat. I know it probably shouldn't have, but it affected the whole way I looked at the room. From the moment I saw that stain, I couldn't think of the room as clean.

Overall, OK for one night.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Eugene hotels

Santa Cruz, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

When we pulled into the parking lot of this motel, our overnight stop on a recent road trip, my first thought was "Oh, my God...I hope I didn't make a terrible mistake." From the outside, the place looks very run down. My daughter and I looked at each other and simultaneously said "well, it's only for one night."

As soon as I entered the lobby to check in, my estimation of the place rose. The lobby was clean, bright, and nicely furnished (perhaps recently refurbished?). The young man behind the desk was very pleasant and helpful.

Our room (two queen beds) was small, but clean and attractive. Like the lobby, it appeared to have been given some fairly recent TLC. The bathtub had jets, and I wish I'd given it a try, but with an eight-hour drive from Santa Cruz behind me and another eight-hour drive to Spokane awaiting me, all I really wanted to do was fall into bed and go to sleep. The bed was very comfortable, the room was quiet, and I slept like a log.

The TV worked well when I turned it on the next morning to catch the news, and my 18-year-old daughter said that the free wi-fi worked well too. We didn't sample the free breakfast, as the motel is only a short drive from Voodoo Donuts, and you can't stop in Eugene without visiting Voodoo!

If you're looking for a reasonably priced, clean, quiet place to stay for a night or so, this place isn't bad...but there are some caveats:

1) The rooms really are very small. My daughter's bed was pressed right up against the heater/air conditioner (neither of which did we need during this stay, fortunately)

2) The neighborhood looks a bit seedy. I felt safe enough in the motel, but I don't think I would have wanted to do much walking around at night.

3) If you're looking for something convenient to I-5 or to the university, this might not be your best stop. It's located in downtown Eugene, about 10 minutes from I-5. My GPS found it without any difficulty, but it would have been nice to have been a little closer to the freeway.

That said, for an overnight stop, it was comfortable and felt safe (once we got past the external appearance), and the price was certainly right, so it got the job done!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family