“Appalling room condition and the Ryan Lochte defense? Really?”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Eugene
Reviewed 22 August 2016

Blackened baseboards, gross mold around bath-tub, dimly lit, and cheap garage sale furniture. Paper thin walls that need more than a painting. Very unpleasant. Complained to Choice Hotels and was told they are not responsible, they just own the franchise. (sic.)

Room Tip: Rooms are grubby.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
HEMANT P, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Thank you for staying at the Rodeway inn in Eugene Oregon.
Our building is a brick construction.
You might have mixed up with other Rodeway inn.

Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

Had a "non-smoking" room. The room was fairly clean but it had an awful odd odor AND it smelled like smoke. The decor is very dated and dingy. Bed was small (full size) and extremely uncomfortable with a dip in the middle. Pillows were just as bad. The area is seedy. Incredibly noisy with traffic all night long. Barely slept, didn't bother with the free "breakfast." Mentioned the smell of smoke to the owner at check out and he didn't seem to care at all. Couldn't wait to leave.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol S

Thank you for your feed back.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

Motel is in a rather seedy area, with a tattoo parlor next door and vagrants on the street. Rooms are somewhat dated. Furniture old and battered. I was stuck with a smoking room, as that was all that was available when I made my reservation Strong smoke smell when I checked in and chairs in the room had burn holes in them. On the good side, the bed was very comfortable. Also, the bathroom had been updated and was nice. The continental breakfast was pretty sparse, but with fruit and coffee, served my needs fine. It is a budget motel, and a good value for the money.

Room Tip: Avoid a smoking room if possible. All rooms look out to the parking lot. No views.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
HEMANT P, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Thank you for staying at the Rodeway inn in Eugene , Oregon.
Your feed back is important to us.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

Super affordable! Very tiny-only about 20 rooms. Older hotel with basic amenities like microwave, refrigerator, tv with cable, table and chairs, and AC (which was rare many places in Eugene as opposed to my hometown in the south where it's a necessity.)
The only real bummer (for me) was the very limited breakfast.
I had never stayed at a Rodeway before, so I am not sure if it was a customary design. [I am a member of Choice Privileges, so I tend to stick with the Choice Hotels brand.] As one of their economy-style properties, I was not expecting a full service breakfast by any means. However, I was a little disappointed that it was only coffee, milk, juice, cereals, pastries, and fruit. Again, for the price I paid, I didn't expect too much in extra amenities.
The beds were comfortable, and they even had an extra pillow in the dresser drawer already. (I usually contact guest services for an extra pillow as I sleep with several.) The AC was ice cold but off in a nook behind the bathroom door.
The bathroom had shelves, which was nice. The toilet was TINY though! Also, just a few tiny spots of mold in the shower crevices. [You guys might want to take care of that.] Other than that, the room was clean.
The location was superb! A market just a few blocks up the street and a bus station just around the corner a few blocks. There was a tattoo parlor next door which we visited before we left Eugene. Two gas stations just down the block, a Thai place (didn't get a chance to try this one), and Tacovore (delicious!) around the corner.
Staff was friendly and sort of helpful. They were sweet; it just seemed like some of my questions (that I considered something they should know) baffled most staff memebers. To clarify, I was visiting the city, so I did have several questions.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
HEMANT P, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2016

Thank you for staying at the Rodewayinn, we appreciate your feedback.
We are the economy brand of choice hotels and according to them we are only obligated to provide coffee to the customers. But we do provide our customers with basic continental breakfast.
We are glad to hear that you had a nice stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

We booked this hotel with points and our flight got delayed making us miss our connection. We called this hotel as soon as we landed letting them know we would not be able to make the reservation. We spoke to Anna. We asked for our points that we had used to be returned. Anna said she was unable to give us the points back that we needed to call choice awards. Choice awards had two numbers and was closed till Monday to redeem our points. We contacted choice awards as soon as we had service in a remote area. They contacted Anna, in my opinion, she lied not only to us but to choice awards. She pushed our reservations through. She said she was waiting till 1am to hear from CA. Well, guess what?! They are closed at that time. She will not release our points during our 17 hours travel and hardship. This speaks volumes about your integrity Anna. We will never stay or advise anyone to stay at this hotel as you have twisted our words and the real truth in our opinion. Everything happens for a reason and we are happy we didn't have to stay at this hotel now. There is no telling where else they cut corners to take people's money.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business

Thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed 27 May 2016 via mobile

I was really impressed with the clenliness and quality of my reservation and stay.
Grocery,laundry and plenty of restaraunts all in this area.
They have coffee and a light breakfast in the lobby also.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
HEMANT P, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2016

Thank you for staying at the Rodewayinn.
We appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Eugene.

Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

Old hotel that have being renovated
Small rooms & small bathroom but clean with excellent rates (paid $57.90 with all taxes & fees at Priceline)
Expect what you paid for. It's not a resort but clean and very good location.
Close from many options to eat & drink
I recommend the Oakshire Brewing Public House (207 Madison St, Eugene, OR 97402 - 3 minutes by car or 10 walking). Good beer and excellent pizza!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
HEMANT P, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2016

Thank you for staying at the Rodewayinn in Eugene ,Oregon.
We appreciate your business and feed back.