“Pizza was ok, Appetizers were ok”

Pizza Research Institute
Ranked #85 of 660 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2016

Thought this place was average. I thought the food was average, the service was good, and the setting was very good. This place is in a great neighborhood and is surrounded by breweries. Pizza and beer?

Reviewed July 13, 2016

I'm a devoted carnivore, so I put off trying this place which only serves vegetarian and vegan pizzas. But we've tried it recently both for take-out and as a sit-down restaurant, and I must say that their offerings are outstanding. We particularly liked the #3 pizza with caramelized onions and goat cheese which was luscious! They even do such things as making their own ginger ale, which is delicious, very gingery, and tastes nothing like the canned/bottled variety. The other, "make your own", pizzas were great as well, with crunchy crusts and absolutely fresh ingredients. We also liked the one appetizer we tried (stuffed mushrooms) and the roasted beet salad, which was yummy if a bit skimpy on the beets.

We'll be going back!

Reviewed November 20, 2015

PRI gets my vote for best vegan pizza on Earth. Their vegan chef's choice explodes with all manner of yummy veggies like marinated eggplant, curried cauliflower, and sultry sweet potatoes. The "cheese" sauce is sensational, the crust is divinely crunchy.

Reviewed October 22, 2015

This place didn't work for us, but I can see how it would be popular with other folks. The emphasis is on fresh, vegan, but with ingredients that are heavy and plodding. The crust is heavy and doughy, the toppings are over-the-top abundant. If we understood the nature of the beast better, we might have ordered something more to our taste, but as it was we ended up with a gut-buster pie that had us all looking for relief after the first piece.

This place is innovative and friendly ... but we won't be back.

Reviewed October 11, 2015

Who would think that vegan pizza could be so satisfying? My husband and I ordered the Special No. 8, made of carmelized onions, portobello mushrooms, tomato sauce, and a vegan white sauce, all on a wonderfully baked crust. Oh, and the whole thing was topped by a thick layer of fresh arugula. Mmmmm! Many beers, wines, and specialty cocktails were also available. Good friendly service also. Too bad we live so far away.