“Good pizza, very unprofessional business”

Pizza Research Institute
Ranked #104 of 688 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2017

So the thing that drove me to write this review is my most recent experience with them. I was not going to bother to write a review as I emailed him to discuss my problem. I have waited three days for reply to my email and heard nothing back!!!! I understand (now) that they are closed Monday and Tuesday but after Wednesday I figured I would certainly hear reply back because someone would check emails. It must be nice to run a business and not even bother to check your emails for 3 to 4 days??? My problem this time was I made plans on Monday to go pick up pizza after checking their website which said they are open seven days a week. I have a screenshot of this which I emailed to them. They are not in fact open seven nights a week they are only open Wednesday through Sunday. Consequently I reshuffled my whole afternoon (skipping some things) in order to be outside at 5 o'clock when they opened only to discover that they weren't going to be, and I had in fact wasted most of my afternoon and still had to go figure out what to get for dinner! My second problem with them is that last time I went and ordered a pizza to go they were only able to have one price for pizza and that was their in-house price which included a tip . No one could figure out how to charge an in-house price and a seperate to go price so instead I pay the entire amount for the in-house price including a tip and was given a gift certificate to come back and spend on the next time I wanted to order pizza . So the only way I can collect on the tip that I paid unnecessarily is to come buy more pizza! It is pretty decent pizza (nothing like traditional pizza) but the business is obviously being run by a bunch of flakes, so I can't say I'll never go back, but it is not likely I will ever make the effort to go again. And again, if I had just gotten a reply to my email (takes two seconds to hit reply and type " i'm so sorry, we will change it right away". But apparently they do not see me as an important customer to bother to reply, so this is probably how they view most customers.

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank Floraslara

Reviewed March 30, 2017

They have all kinds of amazing pizza. Many with unusual toppings. The Chef's Choice is always great vegan pizza with different toppings each time.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed February 1, 2017 via mobile

Went to dinner with family from out of town and we were very happy with the service, food selections, price. Appetitizers were excellent and the special pizzas even more so. Great place to start a relaxing dinner in Eugene.

Date of visit: January 2017
1  Thank Tom C
Reviewed October 23, 2016 via mobile

Been here quite a few times. Great place to go out with friends or family. Lots of pizza toppings that you wouldn't normally get at a ordinary pizza joint but thats what makes it so good. Definetly vegan friendly. Good crafted cocktails. Really great service.Would go back.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed August 2, 2016

Thought this place was average. I thought the food was average, the service was good, and the setting was very good. This place is in a great neighborhood and is surrounded by breweries. Pizza and beer?

Date of visit: August 2016