“Great Staff”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Forest Grove
Eugene, Oregon
“Great Staff”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Last Saturday I was hoping to stay at Best Western, but unfortunately they were booked. The front desk lady, Lauren, was so helpful in finding me a hotel near by to stay at. She looked up hotels that had all of the accommodations I was looking for, and even had them put a room on hold for me. Now that's great service! Hopefully I can stay here soon when they aren't too busy, It's a beautiful hotel!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Stacey R, General Manager at Best Western University Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. I am sorry we weren't able to accomodate you for your stay. I am happy that Lauren however was able to help you find a place that was suitable for your stay. We hope to see you again in the future.

Stacey Richey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Forest Grove, Oregon
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I had a bad experience at Americas Value Inn across the street. The sweet gal behind the desk at Best Western was so helpful! I can not say enough after going through what I had experienced at AVI what a God send she was too me. The motel was beautiful unfortunately I wanted to stay at the palace, but had only enough to stay at the stable. But next time I will be choosing you at Best Western!! Front staff can make or break a business, I know. And she was awesome!! Tasha, Thank you so much!! I mean it my son will be coming up soon from Bend and we hope to see you then! :)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Stacey R, General Manager at Best Western University Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 January 2012
Dear walksoftly61,

From all the staff at Best Western University Inn & Suites we appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel.

I am sorry that you had a bad experience at one of our hotels in town. I am very pleased that Tasha greated you with her friendly smile and was able to help you even if you didn't get to stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future if you are passing through town. Again Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Covington
Reviewed 4 November 2011

We have stayed at this location many times as our daughter is attending Pacific University. This was a most disappointing stay compared to every other visit.

It seems the coffee brand for the lobby has been changed; too bad. Not up to par. Our room lacked the comfortable chair that is in most rooms and there was no suitcase table available. The room itself looked nice but upon closer look the furniture above a normal height was dusty, the top of the tv cabinet, the bath vents and cobwebs on the overhead sprinklers.

Probably the most disturbing, although dismissed by the cleaning staff, was the ants found in our room. I know it happens but still it was troubling.

Lastly was the miscommunication between the front desk staff and the cleaning staff. We had arranged for a late check out but had the service staff knocking on our door asking when we were leaving. A small thing but added to everything else made us a bit displeased.

I am sure we will be trying this hotel again. It has been a good place to stay in the past and maybe this was just an off time.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Stacey R, General Manager at Best Western University Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 November 2011
On behalf of myself and my staff I truly apologize for your experience during your last stay. We strive to make everyone's stay enjoyable and comfortable. I will address with my staff your concerns and comments and we will get those addressed and taken care of immediately.

Thank you for your candid response, we value honest and truthful feedback so that we may use these opportunities for training with our staff.

Rainier, OR
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I recently stayed here for a night while on business in the area. The room was large and clean, well appointed. I managed time in the pool which was not cold (I hate pools that are too cold) and hot tub which was great for relaxing after a long drive. The breakfast was plentiful. Overall a great night. The bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
On behalf of myself and my staff we appreciate you taking the time to complete an online review of our property. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to see you again in the future.
Oregon
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Great place to stay with the family and a pet. Staff was curtious and helpful. The room was clean and the comfortable beds were made with snow white linens. There is 24 hr. coffee in the lobby. The pool is large and there is little smell of clorine. The comp. breakfast was hot and good. The waffles were crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside ( very unusual for a chain). We were visiting friends and so the staff said we could check in early as we did not know what time we would be returning. So we had our keys and just had to bring in our bags when we returned. Only down side was the few areas of brown mold in the bathroom. The staff apologized and said that it would be taken care of before the next visitor. It must be difficult to keep it at bay r/t the wet weather. Even though it is on a major road it was quiet.
We will be here again when we come to visit our friends.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Stacey R, General Manager at Best Western University Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
It was very nice to meet you and your mom and sister. I truly am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay here. We look forward to seeing you again in the future when you come to visit your friends.

Vancouver
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I have stayed in many Best Westerns, this one was nice. Clean, quiet, convienent parking and location of local highways. The breakfast was a typical "included" breakfast but did the job. The queen room I was in was nice and clean. Very comfortable bed.

The front desk employees were helpful and enjoyed their job. I had a problem because I made the booking with an uninformed Best Western 1 800 number employee, but although it was not the fault of this Best Western or staff, they dealt with it well and Tasha who helped me was good.

The location is convienient, not hard to get to from I-5, and close to Tillamook forest. Approx. 30 minute drive to Tillomook Forest trailheads.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Stacey R, General Manager at Best Western University Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 12 October 2011
Thank you for your recent review of our property. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us,and that my employee was able to help fix whatever issue you had with your reservation. Your satisfaction is very important to us here, and hope that we will be able to see you again sometime in the future.

Stacey Richey, GM
EPHRATA, WA
Reviewed 6 October 2011

we spent 6 days at this motel and were not suprised by anything, good friendly people, a good breakfast, great cookies in the evening,the traffic in town was busy and it was great to settle down for the night. This motel caters to a wide group of people from travellers to construction workers, the motel was clean and quiet though the hospital is just up the road a couple of miles. there seem to be an unusual amount of sirens for this small town fellow but the motel was quiet. the parking lot is too small for a big rig but there are several large lots near this motel. We were surprised at the lack of eating places nearby though for a really great breakfast try Mary's. over all a good place to stay.

Room Tip: stay on the off street side