“Lumpy”

Super 8 Grants Pass
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Reviewed 5 July 2012

The hallways reeked of smoke, the bed was lumpy, the hair dryer didn't work, and the carpets were dirty. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank plasticyellowspoon
Super8GrantsPass, Webmaster at Super 8 Grants Pass, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Grants Pass Super 8 Motel for your recent stay in our area.

• Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees. They also received additional instruction in keeping the rooms properly stocked.

• Manager was approached about your report of hair dryer and instructed to see to the necessary repairs.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Grants Pass Super 8 Motel. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

Check in was quick about five minute wait. Long hallways with no elevator...common for a Super 8. The room was clean and did not smell Rm116. One negative was the room was small. Furnishings were dated but comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Conveniently located right off I 5, but quiet. Walking distance to Denny's. Beautiful flowers at the entrance and the landscape is clean and well kept. Check-in is always smooth and fast. This is my second trip in 3 months and was happy to see they were remodeling some of the rooms.by adding granite to the windows sills, furniture top (under microwave/TV) and bath counter top. Still needs new carpeting and bedspreads, but my room has Always been very clean! (Better than most) Smoking rooms reek, but I open the window and use Febreze. Staff are all friendly and helpful. The morning breakfast has fruit juice, muffins and my favorite, waffles. First trip my mattress was horrible, asked for a better bed this trip and slept great. Like the coffee in lobby. Having the safe, micro, coffee maker, fridge in the room is convenient and a money saver. I will stay here again and have recommended this hotel to my friends and relatives.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms on ground level, very quiet, but bring Febreze. Ask for a newer mattress to ensure a g...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Super8GP, Manager at Super 8 Grants Pass, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review our property and I will happily pass your feedback around to the rest of the staff!

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you as our guest next time you are in the Grants Pass area.

Super 8 Grants Pass
1949 NE 7th ST
Grants Pass, OR 97526

Reviewed 7 June 2012

This is one of the nicer Super 8 Motels we have found. Could use a little updating (carpeting dreary, room decor basic) however, our check-in was efficient, our mid-level room was convenient to the outside access door (so we didn't have to take the dog through the Lobby), the
room was clean (carpets had been shampooed that morning) and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast had waffles, fruit, yogurt, etc. All in all, a very satisfactory overnight stop at a reasonable price (for Grants Pass). Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: We have a dog and our room was on the middle level down toward the outside access door -- quiet, con...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2012

This sucky motel shaved hours off of my vacation and I don't know how many minutes off my life. If you can suffer through the abhorrent customer service (expect to wait in the lobby for an hour while "Lurch" slugs along checking in the guests in front of you). Then, expect them to turn down every way you want to pay for your reserved room (even cash!). Then, when you finally get to your room with dirty floors and a view of the parking lot, you will look at your reciept and realize Lurch charged you 30% more than you were originally quoted. Then, when in anger and somewhat homicidal frustration, you grab all your luggage that you just drug up the stairs (no elevator), you decide to go somewhere else. Finding Lurch in the lobby, you tell him you want your money back and his dumb young assistant asks you WHY. Ignoring her, you proceed to watch the circus of the two of them refunding your money to the credit card you used. Now you can leave the whole mess behind you.
Or can you?
It's been two weeks and you STILL DON"T HAVE YOUR MONEY BACK. Some Super 8 receptionist is telling you that they simply don't have it. It's your bank's problem. You tell her Super 8 is the worst business you've ever dealt with. She says, "That's fine."
That's fine?! Great attitute. Absolutely the worst experience with a business EVER!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Erin K
Super8GP, General Manager at Super 8 Grants Pass, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Super 8 in Grants Pass, Oregon. Please know that we take these comments very seriously and will make every effort to remedy the situation.

I truly apologize your stay was less that exceptional. Our goal is to ensure each and every guest has a wonderful and relaxing stay. Please know that on May 17. I sent you following email
"Hello Erin
I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We at the hotel have released the money the same day you checked out. We don't have any hold on that money. some banks takes longer then other to put it back on your card. we have talked to our bank and they said they don't have any hold on your card. if you are working with anyone at you CC/Bank we will be happy to talk to them please have them contact me. please know that I would be happy to help you get to resolution with this issues.

Thanks
541-474-0888"

I didn't get any reply from you or anyone contact me, so I thought the problem was solved. Please know the staff comment and the conduct will be addresses at the next staff meeting.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit. If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at Super 8 Grants Pass 541-474-0888

Reviewed 16 May 2012

Let me address my one negative comment that I have first. The hallways are rather dingy looking and could use a complete makeover. The carpeting has seen better days and really should be replaced. The walls, in my opinion are ugly and institutional looking. The lower half is painted brown and the upper part is a mustardy yellow color. There must be some more appealing combination of colors out there. The bluish flourescent lighting makes it look awfully stark too. Now on to the room. It's five star plus. The room has two queen beds, nice linens, plush good quality mattress and quality bedspreads. There is an entertainment unit with nice sized TV, microwave, good sized fridge, and a small room safe for valuables. Simply enter a four digit code, press LOCK, and you are good to go. There is a square table with two chairs, and a rectangular desk with one. All are of good quality. There is a large mirror over the desk. There is a wall lamp aside the desk, a floor lamp next to the table and two bedlamps above the night stand. There is a coffee maker with small packs of coffee. The vanity type sink is in the bathroom and there is a hair dryer. Toilet and shower as usual and a generous supply of towels. I forgot to mention that there is a luggage bench in the room as wel, and the entertainment unit has three large drawers. There is a wall rack in the corner near the window for hanging towels and/or clothes. Six wooden clothes hangers are provided. This motel also has a very nice well lit indoor pool area and spa, which are open until 10PM. All this for about $55 (weekday) tax included. The only reason I am giving 4 rather than 5 stars is the tacky looking hallways. My room was #215.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Hardest bed in the world. Floor would have had more give. Front desk staff not very on top of things. I asked for a room away from the stairs and was give a room 2 doors away. I left an item in my room and when I asked to have it shipped they said COD only. I asked if I could send a prepaid envelope to return the item to me and that stumped the staff. Doesn't seem like such a difficult request to me. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank DD O
Super8GrantsPass, Webmaster at Super 8 Grants Pass, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

Dear Guest,

• Front desk staff received additional training in aspects of their job.

• Management was approached about having the item I left behind sent to me through a prepaid envelope.

Hotel Manager.