“Comfortable and Clean”

Super 8 Grants Pass
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Reviewed 20 July 2015

I checked in early evening. Gal at the front desk was pleasant and helpful. I always pay cash, so I had to give the hotel a refundable $200. damage deposit. No problem. Got to the room: Very clean, smelled nice. Recently redecorated - bathroom has new granite-like counter top, new bath/shower enclosure. Comfortable bed, flat screen TV. By late evening, hotel appeared to be completely full. Quite a few "sketchy" looking people running around the halls (altho, being heavily tattooed - I'm sure I must have looked sketchy to some of the more conservative guests.) My one main complaint: the walls are VERY thin. You can hear conversations in the other rooms. Luckily, I sleep with ear plugs in. Breakfast was minimal - but pretty much your standard Super 8 fare.

Keep in mind: this is a Super 8, not a Hampton in. Some other reviews seem to have rather high expectations from a budget travel motel. :)

Room Tip: Hotel is setup like an old-style "split level" home. 7 stairs up or 7 stairs down. No el...
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff C
Super8GP, Manager at Super 8 Grants Pass, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2015

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us your feedback. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 541-474-0888.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Grants Pass

Reviewed 19 July 2015 via mobile

When I read the reviews for this motel, I was sure folks must be exaggerating about the smell...unfortunately the comments are completely accurate. The facility is otherwise decent with a nice pool, good beds, and a great price but honestly, if you are sensitive to smells, this is definitely not the place for you. I actually felt sick to my stomach from it.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 July 2015

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Super8GP, Manager at Super 8 Grants Pass, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2015

Reviewed 16 July 2015

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank williamwN5940TU

Reviewed 15 July 2015

The room was clean but had a terrible odor. There was no shampoo of conditioner in the room but you could get some at the desk. Desk personnel was nice and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 July 2015

Run down carpet worn it seemed the locals like to come and just use the pool so lots of kids around. Water line broke so no water when we checked in was fixed at midnight they called our room. The we're not overly friendly or willing to make concessions wanted a shower after a long ride on the motorcycle but that had to wait. Went over to the Black Bear dinner so we could wash hands and have dinner. Interesting start to our Vacation trip.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 July 2015 via mobile

I was first disappointed with this particular Super 8 because I made these reservations through Wyndam rewards. Wyndam informed me that I could use some of my earned points to get this reservation at a discount price. But when I checked in, the lady in the office was NOT going to honor my discount. But she eventually allowed the discount after talking to her manager. I was also disappointed with the very loud air conditioner. It was very loud. I was not thrilled with the cleanliness of the room. I felt the front desk lady wasn't helpful when I called in about inquiries about local food establishments. I have to say this was one of the worst experiences I have had. I would not recommend this Super 8

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family