“Great room for relaxing with tranquilty”
Review of Riverside Inn

Riverside Inn
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Dallas, Texas
“Great room for relaxing with tranquilty”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

The room was clean, The decor kind of rustic look but the beds were newer and very comfortable. What drew us to the Riverside Inn was the location. They are in a great location with a great view of the Rogue River, The tranquilty of the rushing river is very much worth the stay. We found a place with very friendly and helpful staff who made our stay a little more interesting... Verna from the front desk recommended that we have dinner at Blondies on G st , and informed us of the shops around that area too. Breakfast was delivered to our room by a Delightful smiling face young girl, and everyone from the cleaning ladies to the staff around this property seemed to work together to make our stay comfortable. They should be proud of themselves. We will be returning to Riverside Inn when we visit our family in Grants Pass. If you enjoy a Clean, Comfortable and Unique style of room I highly recommend this Little Inn.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 267 and the view was Beautiful.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
The Dalles, Oregon, USA
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We looked on line and reviewed the property ... it was NOTHING like the photos.! I will never stay here again nor recommend this to any other people we travel with. Our rooms were VERY DATED ! smelled (like old cigarette smoke), Bed coverings were OLD, and the furniture looked like it came right from salvation army... This is not an exageration. We asked to be moved to another room and we were... but it was exactly the same (only a better bed) and they were unwilling to accomidate the business travel rate for the new room. I truly feel sorry for the employees who work there that have to "endure" the complaints of travlers with un-met expectations. -- There were several in our party... THEY ALL MOVED TO DIFFERENT HOTELS !!

Room Tip: Do not stay here... it is not worth what they are charging... it left the impression of a "no-t...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
RiversideInn, Front Office Manager at Riverside Inn, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
I’m certain I can speak for all of the staff here at Riverside Inn when I say we sincerely regret that you, and the rest of the ladies in your group, were so dissatisfied with your stay. It’s always our goal to go above and beyond to create a positive experience for our guests, and I’m sorry you feel that we fell short of that. We are consistently upgrading at the property – all of the first floor rooms recently got new furniture, and all of our rooms got new flat screen TVs just in the last few days.

In regards to the rate – I did double check with Verna, who was at the desk on the evenings you were here, and she was under the strong impression you agreed to take the upgrade to the Deluxe room at a rate slightly higher than your business travel rate. At this point, we were under the impression all parties were happy. When the bill for your stay was received by the company that had paid for it, we received a call from the office regarding the difference in rate. The following day, we changed the rate to the business travel rate you had been quoted prior to the upgrade.

Again, I am sorry that you and the rest of your party were not satisfied with our hotel. Hopefully you can see by reviews posted by other travelers that this is not the typical experience at Riverside Inn.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Everything about his hotel was horrible. I’ve seen run down motel’s with better amenities. My room smelled like stale cigarette smoke. The bed was hard, uncomfortable, with pillows that were flat and stiff. I felt the need to keep something on my feet at all times because of how gross the carpet looked. I asked to be moved off the second floor….. but because that floor was in the worst repair everyone had already moved to the other two floors. Meaning I was stuck! I will never stay here again and I advise all to pick a better hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from the second floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank T H
RiversideInn, Front Office Manager at Riverside Inn, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
Thank you for your comments, we regret hearing you didn’t enjoy your stay at Riverside Inn. The majority of our guests give us exceptional feedback regarding our beds which are Serta mattresses we purchased in 2011. I know a comfortable bed to one person might be seen as too hard or too soft by the next, but we generally hear very good comments about them.

You are right; we unfortunately weren’t able to move your room as requested. We are constantly updating, painting and repairing our rooms and understand that we still have some rooms that have more wear and tear than others. During the time of your stay we had some rooms out of order due to this process, and all other rooms were occupied by guests, limiting our options of moving you to another room. Two women from your party were able to move into another room, but after that, we sadly had no more rooms to work with. It’s always our goal to make everyone’s stay exceed expectations, and I’m truly sorry we weren’t able to do the same for you.

As I said in my response to another member of your party who posted a review as well, I hope you see that the reviews from other travelers reflect very positive experiences here at Riverside Inn. We strive for excellence, we appreciate knowing when the mark was missed, and will work very hard to make any changes we can so we can continue to improve and make the Riverside Inn your favorite place. We hope you will give us another try.
Mount Shasta, California
Reviewed 23 April 2012 via mobile

Hotel has moderate rooms, each with a nice balcony directly overlooking the Rogue River. No river access from hotel property, but there is a trail to the river off adjacent street. Near park, downtown antiquing and beautiful river trail parkway. Traprock restaurant across steet with outdoor river view dining, nice atmosphere and decent food.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Michelekor
Madera, California
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We stayed there on the night of April 4th, and it was the last night of our week long road trip. During our stay the only staff member that was working, we never caught her name. She was the sweetest most beautiful person we encountered on our trip. We fell in love with Oregon, everyone was so nice. We want to move up there...so unnamed staff member we weren't kidding about trying to move up there, and we would love to get more information from you on things to do and places to go So keep in touch!!! Our email is in the reservation I'm sure. Thank you so much. Extremely nice place. Couldn't have been more happy.

Room Tip: Our room was nice, I am sure they are all nice.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Lake Tapps
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We only stayed here two nights, but had a nice time. We did the Hellgate tour down the Rogue River. It was great and we enjoyed our short vacation. Hotel was comfortable and had a great view of the river. They gave us travel mugs that I still use to this day.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I didn't know anything about grants pass before coming here for our 10 year anniversary. So I looked online and decided to stay at this hotel. The lady on the phone was great while I was making reservations and very patient with me. Upon arriving I was a bit disappointed because the room was very plain Jane. The view was nice from our balcony but the tv was WAY outdated with no movie channels. There was no refrigerators in the rooms. It was bare bones. And for over 100.00 a night you would expect more. We received the special occasion package and had beautiful flowers and balloons and a yummy bottle of wine all waiting for us, so that was nice. I think after talking to some of the other people in this town we might try a different place if we come back due to the average rooms.

• Stayed March 2012