“Mediocre”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #98 of 219 Restaurants in Grants Pass
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I hadn't been to a Denny's for a few years, and this one was convenient to the hotel at which I was staying. I was seated immediately by a friendly guy at a table near a window. The restaurant was clean and neat. I ordered their bourbon chicken skillet. Somehow, my waiter messed up my order and brought me some kind of omelet which I pointed out wasn't what I ordered. After about 20 minutes, the correct order came to me. It was, indeed, served on a sizzling platter. Overall, it wasn't bad. The bourbon sauce was a little sweet for me and there was no hint of bourbon flavor. Overall, I left with a full stomach, and felt I overpaid for my meal and an unreasonable wait time (the place was NOT busy at all). Probably wouldn't go back there.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed August 13, 2018

For months we have been going to Denny's on Sunday mornings for breakfast. Last Sunday was the final time. We seem to get the same server and the last time she was awful. Sour and nasty. We seem to be seated in the same grimy table. The seats are torn with the foam sticking out. Table was sticky and still had food crumbs. The server came over and took our beverage order and after 10 minutes brought my coffee (1/2 cup), husbands soda, and our friends water. I also ordered water but that never came. Waited another 10 minutes and she finally came over to take our order. I wanted to ask her a question on one of the items and she barked at me "no substitutions". I still wanted to ask her something and she gave me a dirty look and told me, "I already told you". We placed our order and yes, we didn't wait long. After finishing our food, she finally came over and poured me another 1/2 cup of coffee. Seems that her pot ran out. She never came back to refill. She brought our checks and I asked her for more coffee but she never returned. I got up to pay the bill and stood at the cash register for 10 minutes watching our server and two other servers talking then serving customers. Finally a young man came over with one of his customers and told me to move that this person was going to pay for his bill. Now realize, I had been standing with money in hand to pay but got totally ignored. The restaurant is not clean, seats torn, windows dirty, plates chipped, just generally it seems like it needs a lot of help.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 17, 2018

Used to love going here whenever we were in the area. Unfortunately its rather gone
downhill since our last visit. The breakfasts were OK the service was slow but then the place was full. Ended up near the toilets which wasn't a good experience. Cleanliness wasn't good and the ladies toilet was terrible. Went to other Denny's in different places and they were all really great.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed July 12, 2018

Good food and service and close to my hotel and the meat loath was very good and as it was the 4 of July i was its only diner at the time.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 15, 2018

we had a nice meal at this Dennys, as usual a good Gluten free Menu but on the day the Cleanliness wasn't good , toilets grubby and service slow.

Date of visit: May 2018