“Very good hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Very good hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

If first impressions are important and your front desk personnel provide those impressions, this hotel is a winner. Kelly and Megan are both charming, competent and enthusiastic at their jobs. Our king room was very clean (thank you Marissa) and comfortable. The bed was firm and gave us a great sleep. There was a good selection of TV channels; the wi-fi signal was strong. Breakfast included the usual cereals, breads, coffee, sausages, hard-boiled eggs, fruit, yogurt etc. and was very satisfying. The vending and ice machines are located at the back of the hotel and are inside a room which may be locked-take your room key with you when you go.

There is a good Applebees across the street.

One minor concern: our room did not have a microwave or a fridge. If either of these is a 'must have' for you, you might want to inquire ahead of time.

We would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BWGPI, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Grants Pass Inn, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and invite you to come see us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Allyn, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

I only gave this hotel an average because the double queen room was very cramped. We travel with pets and unfortunately get rooms that are less than clean. This particular room was spotless and nicely decorated. The breakfast was adequate. If you are trying to eat healthy, you might be a bit challenged. Hotel staff very friendly. No noise from other rooms, but lots of outside noise.

Room Tip: Insist on a room on the back side, the same side as the reception office.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BWGPI, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Grants Pass Inn, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
My housekeeping staff thanks you! We have an amazing crew on staff and they do an excellent job. However, I am sorry to hear that you felt cramped in your room. If you are traveling through this area again I would love to have you stay in one of our business suites which are also pet friendly and come with a king and queen bed in the room. They are larger and would allow you more space to relax and sprawl out! Thank you again for your review and we hope that we will see you in the near future.
alta loma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

all I can say is Kelly, Kelly, Kelly.
she was so nice and helpful! she gave us directions to everything, & all the local info that we kept bugging her for. she even told us to call her if we got lost anywhere and she would get us back to the motel :-) we are thinking of moving to Grants Pass, it's a great little city :-)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BWGPI, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Grants Pass Inn, responded to this review, 18 March 2012
I couldn't agree more with you that Grants Pass is a great little city! We always try and give our guests a unique experience and we are lucky enough to be in an area where you are only a short drive away from a day filled with fun. I will make sure that Kelly gets the kudos she deserves! Thank you very much and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

We booked in here for a night as part of a trip from San Francisco up to Seattle and found the accommodation to be good. Breakfast was lovely - for just a "continental" breakfast, it was great to have waffles, eggs, cold meats and so on - that's quite a comprehensive offering for those of us coming from Europe! Didn't have the chance to use facilities and so on, but service was very friendly and did us well for the night.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
BWGPI, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Grants Pass Inn, responded to this review, 17 March 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. Being dependable and reliable are two of the highest compliments in my opinion because we do strive to make sure every stay is as close to perfect as we can make it for each and every guest. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!
WIth regards,
Meghan King
Front Office Mananger
LOOMIS
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

Room was very average. Bed was fine but the bathroom & shower could have been better. Heater was terrible and noisey. Couldn't seem to get it to stay at a comfortable temp. Breakfast was good. We've stayed in nicer hotels for a lot less money. They are Pet Friendly.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Menlo Park, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

Thank you ladies for giving me two great days at your hotel. I came up for a funeral, which was emotionally hard for me and family. But staying at the Best Western off Agness Avenue (right off the south exit to Grants Pass) relieved any amount of the normal stress adds to a trip when staying in hotels. I'm a very light sleeper. I asked for very quiet neighbors or no neighbors if possible and upstairs as normally people walking above me will keep me awake. Not only did these very caring ladies give me an upstairs room (and very close to the main office--a nice thing since they also took into account the fact I have a very bad back and am awaiting surgery) but gave me a free upgraded room, really a suite, and the first night with nobody on either side of my room. Talk about bending over backwards for me. I've traveled to 38 countries and all 50 states. This is one of the most friendly staff in my 35 years of travel. At this point considering another hotel while seeing siblings in GP will not be on my list of things to do in my travel plans. Thanks again to Meghan, Kelly, and Robin. I won't forget your compassion, politeness, having the heater filters vacuumed clean just minutes after I my request (I also get stopped up from the effects of dusty A/C and heater unit filters) and adjusting to a guest such as myself. It made the stay for my niece's funeral that much easier. Great job!

Room Tip: Just ask these ladies for your special needs. You may not get everything due to necessity of other g...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BWGPI, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Grants Pass Inn, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We understand that not all vacations are fun filled and we want to make sure that all of our guests' feel as comfortable as possible each and every stay. We look forward to seeing you soon and again thank you for your business.
Meghan King
Front Office Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

Wonderful, comfortable bed and great friendly service!

• Stayed January 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BWGPI, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Grants Pass Inn, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Thank you very much for your review. Feel free to come and see us at any time!