“Wish this place was in Kansas City!”

La Carretta Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 202 Restaurants in Gresham
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed September 7, 2017

My husband and I had dinner here, and told the great waiter that we were from KC. He was so nice to us, and led us to the special of 2 dinners for $16.95. My husband had a chili relleno and enchilada, and I had a chimichanga that was stuffed with shredded white meat chicken and topped with a white sauce, guac, and sour cream. The portions are HUGE! Both served with rice and beans and Cole slaw. Then the waiter brought us ice cream with strawberry sauce. Zounds. Yummy, and the extra service was well noted. Try this place. Tonight.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

I would usually give this place a 4, but this time was so awful, I haven't been back.

They were very short on wait staff so we waited forever each time we tried to flag someone down which was very important because:

1. I had no silverware
2. Once I FINALLY had silverware, I cut into my cold food to discover it wasn't what I actually ordered.

This was frustrating enough, but once my husband had already eaten and I was STILL trying to get my order dealt with, the only thing the waiter had to say was that he would make it up to me later???? Serious? He doesn't even know me so how is he going to make that happen? The meal should have been removed from the bill at the very least and better, the restaurant should have given us a gift card to do the whole meal out again for the 2 of us. That is customer service.

I am in a business where customer service is of the utmost importance and when the wrong is obviously the establishment, and sometimes even when it's not, do right by the customer. At the very least to avoid a bad review and at best to continue getting their business. I would have been frustrated, but would have overlooked this one awful experience had the waiter just dealt with what had happened in some gesture to take care of our loss and really bad experience.

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank ValuQueen
Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

We have always had excellent service at La Carretta, the staff is pleasant and quick to please their customers. The food is fantastic! I would have a difficult time deciding which meal is my favorite, but I can say the garlic shrimp is over the top delicious.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed August 2, 2017

Nothing gourmet here, but the standard Mexican fare of quesadillas and fajitas is very good and inexpensive. For $25 they served us enough food to last us for two days. The chicken fajitas with their grilled onions and green bell peppers f(or 2 people) was served sizzling hot on a grill and was very delicious. Our only qualm is that the complimentary salsa was watery; it needs to be thicker. The service was quick and very cheerful. The decor with the painted murals of Mexico on the walls brightens up the place.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

Our family of five was visiting Portland from North Carolina , and we found this amazing restaurant on tripadvisor. We'd been out all day sightseeing, and just wanted a really good, affordable meal. La Carreta surpassed every expectation. The atmosphere is charming, and the wait staff works very well as a team. We were never left wanting anything. Our server, Jesus, was welcoming, attentive, and very thorough. The food was excellent with generous portions. Each of us agreed this restaurant deserves a 10 out of 10 rating. Thank you, La Carretta, for a wonderful supper time experience. We will be sure to visit again on our next trip to Portland!

Date of visit: July 2017