“great stay”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Gresham
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We came to the Gresham Best Western early in the morning. We had left a hotel that was not so great. We came in, knowing it was before check in. The gentleman at the counter was so gracious. He suggested that we pay a small fee for early check-in and that way we wouldn't have to roam around for a few hours. We did just that and our stay was wonderful. The hotel was so clean. No bugs of any kind. Our room was large and had everything we needed. We ended up staying for four days. We will go back and also would recommend it to our family and friends. It is near shopping and a great restaurant is just steps away. Thank you for putting our faith back in Portland. Mr. and Mrs. Hill

Room Tip: The security is great so I think any room would be nice. There is an outside space for each room. We...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Niki H

Reviewed 26 August 2011

This Inn has not a pinch of hospitality. Management is indifferent to the guest relations. I did not even receive a thank you at check out. Also, this property is falling apart. Overall, bad Karma here.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Gusthedog
Reviewed 7 September 2010

nice hotel rooms were clean a little old fashion decor but very comfortable. The front desk were very nice and welcoming we dealt with three different people during our stay all were great. A restaurant that shares the same parking lot "Heidi's" is excellent....I was very happy with the food german/swiss what a treat...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Away from the highway, there are three pillows per room that are full sized, I was worried after reading reviews here, the iron was dirty, new pillow top beds new beding, newer towels and no sign, I think the manegment must have changed sence that was writen.

Pleasent staff polite and funny.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank nnoonnee
Reviewed 28 March 2009

We were in town due to a family illness. The room was clean enough but that wasn't the problem. We had a minor accident in the gym (my son cracked a 4 inch section of glass). We notified the front dest person and they told us not to worry about it, that it would be fine. We checked out with no problems and when I got home there was a charge on my checking account for $600.00. The manager was extremely rude and would not return my phone calls. We were not notified of the charges ahead of time and it caused our checking account to be overdrawn, incurring more money lost. Will not recommend this place to anyone!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank mileymoomoo
Reviewed 26 June 2007

This AAA 3-diamond hotel has clearly been misrated. I spent $90 to stay there the night before a job interview, rather than staying at a $40 Motel 6 or similar motel not far away. Why? I wanted to stay someplace nice and relaxing and quiet, and get a good night's sleep.

I knew there was a problem when I arrived (10:15 pm) and had to ring a tape-mounted remote doorbell to gain entry. Being able to smell the host from across the front desk was another bad sign, and I'm not referencing strong cologne! However, since I was arriving late, I'd already paid for the room, so decided to make the best of it.

In order to save space, I'll just go with a list of the lovely features I discovered in my non-smoking, queen-bed, $90 room:

Broken clock-radio (could not be set accurately and was cracked), permanently affixed to the nightstand and facing away from the wall -- that is, you had to sit up from the bed to see the numbers;

A number of long hairs and a big shoeprint on the bathroom floor;

Mildew of two colors -- orange and black -- in the shower grout;

A stained, dishrag-quality towel, with MORE long hair in it;

An insulting sign in the bathroom, asking guests who are paying $90 a night not to STEAL the dishrag-quality towels;

Two half-size pillows (think sofa pillows) for a queen-sized bed;

A stained mattress;

Sheets which I believe were made of burlap;

A running toilet;

A gross-looking ultra-cheap iron (I didn't know you COULD stain stainless steel), affixed with plastic-coated wire (to prevent theft) to

A Wal-Mart Special, extra-flimsy ironing board.

I wrote to Best Western customer service, and decided also to post this here. Past experiences with other Best Westerns have been positive, so I hope this is an aberration.

I'd recommend finding a nearby Motel 6 or Travelodge. They're more consistently clean than this dump was, and half the price!

Note: This hotel got a 1 (Terrible) from me in part because of the price -- that is, the actual value. If I'd paid $40, most of it wouldn't have surprised me too much; it'd be a minor annoyance, rather than something to write reviews about. If I'd paid $40, I'd probably give it a 2, because it was still poorly run.

Stayed: June 2007
6  Thank brig180
Reviewed 30 April 2007

Had stayed here 20 years ago so know it's not new but found it tired and in need of some redecorating. Housekeeping was sloppy, dusty surfaces. Bedspreads need replacement - should consider going to the all-fresh-linens, duvet approach. Breakfast buffet decent. Desk clerk very nice and eager to help.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank Travelinginnkeeper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gresham
1.4 km away
5.2 km away
Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway
6.1 km away
Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!