“Other reviews we read could not have been more wrong!”

Pacific Northwest Sightseeing Tours
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Other reviews we read could not have been more wrong!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

We had set up a half day city tour with Stan before we read the 3 reviews already written. Despite reading them we decided to go ahead with our tour anyway and our half day turned into a full day because we enjoyed the morning so much that Stan agreed to the full day excursion. He took us to places that we were going to go to on our own and it could not have been any easier. He included all the attraction admission prices in our tour charge and we were dropped off and picked up right at the entrances so there was no parking problems and no extended walking. Stan has been doing this for 22 years so he knew Portland inside out. It was easy and his knowledge was fun and informative. He does have a different kind of approach but it was one that we enjoyed. Plus picking us up and dropping us off right at our hotel was great. At the end of the day we mentioned that we would like to do a tour of the wine country so 2 days later he picked us up and we spent the whole day touring vineyards that my wife wanted to visit. We would have never found them on our own but Stan went right to them. We did tastings without driving and had a beautiful day. He also took us to Howard Hughes' Spruce Goose airplane that is in the wine country. I had no idea it was even there so it was a great surprise for me and something that I thought that I would never see. We are from the Atlanta area and if we ever go back to Oregon we will definitely hook up again with Stan. He was a nice person, extremely knowledgeable and we enjoyed his company very much plus he played our kind of music. Both tours were great and we would do them both again.

Visited September 2011

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“DO NOT BOOK WITH Pacific Northwest Sightseeing Tours (Stan)! www.portalndoregontours.com”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2011

I COMPLETELY REGRET. I WISH I HAD FOLLOWED THE BAD REVIEWS THIS COMPANY HAS ON LINE! They are completely unreliable and rude.
First, they made a mistake with the tour reservation. I wanted to visit the Multnomah Falls and Columbia Gorge, but they register me for a day tour around Portland. However I realized about this some days before and I could manage to tell them to change my reservation.
Second, my pick-up hour was at 1:00pm, and at 12.50 pm, 10mminutes before requested, I was waiting by the front door of my hotel, but I did not see any red van or anyone coming for me. At 1.05pm I called them to check why there wasn't anyone coming and a very rude woman answered explaining that Stan, the driver and I think the owner, had already passed by my hotel to pick me up, and he had been waiting a long of time (what??) but I didn’t attend, which obviously is NOT true. She also said that they hadn't my contact cell number, which is NOT true either (it was in the on-line booking form, or in any of the any email I sent them). I really think they did not even come to pick me up because they had a last-time group reservation and one single person was not important.
And finally, the worst thing was the fact that the woman who answer the phone didn't want to attend my complaints, laugh at my spoken English, saying that it was all my fault because, since I was not able to understand English, I had not given them my phone number (was it required to speak perfect English to book a trip with them and be treated with respect?). She just wanted to hang up the phone as quickly as possible. When I called back she did not even answer the phone. She did not even apologize!!

If you really want a reliable company and do not put your trip on risk, book with another company. I really wanted to visit the waterfalls but they ruined my only chance.

Visited April 2011
2 Thank anaortin
New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Whatever you do - do NOT go with Stan”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2010

We were visiting Portland OR and reserved a day trip to teh Columbia Gorge and Mt. Wood with Stan Pacific Northwest Sightseeing. Stan was rude, had an attitude, decided to terminate the tour 2 1/2 hours before its scheduled time and refused to take us to part iof the planed tour because he was furious that we took a short hike (in which all three of us who were on the tour were interested) and cited his right to change the route if he finds it fit. he also took out a taperecorder to record us "for my lawyer and wife". the views were great and we enjoyed it in spite of his behavior but would like to recommend to others to prefer better companies.

2 Thank Roni B
SuzCalDal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Portland City of Roses Tour”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2009

Purple tour van is horrible; no leg room if you're over 5'4", and no way to see above (need moon roof!!!). Tour guide was knowledgeable in some areas and clueless in others (perpetuates myths about the Portland "shanghai tunnels").

4 Thank SuzCalDal