“Well Worth the Money Spent”
Review of Roloff Farms

Roloff Farms
Ranked #3 of 46 things to do in Hillsboro
Reviewed July 12, 2018

If you're a huge fan of this reality TV family, you will not mind spending $300 for a half hour tour of Roloff Farms led by one of the family members. To begin, you must first book an appointment on their website. It's quick and easy. Your tour is confirmed when you get an e-mail from their office. Getting there is a lovely drive through the country. We were coming directly from Portland International Airport, and it took us 45 minutes. E-mail instructions tell you exactly what to do when you arrive to the farm. One of the family members, whoever happens to be on the farm (and there's always a family member there), will take you on the tour in their cart. For us, it was suppose to be Zack but he got too busy, and asked Matt to do the tour. Matt met us at the red gate, not the beautiful bronze gate which is used only by vendors. The tour began immediately. We made a stop at the house because I wanted to admire it. Matt suggested that Amy might be home, so he called her and she was. She came out to meet us! We chatted, took photos, then we were on our way again. What was suppose to be a 30-minute tour became a 1:30 hour tour! The tour ended at the red gate as 2:45p, then guess who pulled up next to our car? Jeremy! He was there for a 3pm family meeting regarding the farm. Per Amy, the meeting was to discuss more how to move forward with the business of the farm. If we hung out a few more minutes, we would've run into Zack. Touring Roloff Farms was an exciting start to our vacation. The property and everything on it is beautiful and fun. I would've had a blast growing up in a place like that!

Date of experience: June 2018
in 4 reviews
"down to earth"
"would love to go back"

Reviewed July 9, 2018

I had emailed the farm asking about getting a private tour gift certificate for a Christmas gift for my wife who is a big fan of the show. I don't believe gift certificates are something they normally do it but they were very accommodating and I was able to buy one and had a custom gift certificate made and emailed back to me to present to my wife on Christmas day. We were finally able to schedule the tour this summer, and after an 8 hour drive from our home to theirs, my wife, 15 y.o. daughter, and myself were met at the farm gate by Zach Roloff. We all loaded up into his UTV and we were off. He was exceedingly kind and informative showing us around his childhood stomping grounds, and gave us some great insights into the show, especially regarding filming locations. Before the tour came to an end he drove us back up to his mom Amy's house where she was outside with his son Jackson and we also got to meet and take photos with them. Despite the fact he was missing a World Cup soccer match at the time, Zach spent more than the 30 minutes time we were expecting to get on the tour and kept us very entertained the whole time. My wife and daughter were both thrilled with the tour which made me a hero for having given it to her as a gift, thanks Zach!

Date of experience: May 2018
3  Thank mason1251
Reviewed June 28, 2018

The farm was okay. I've been to other pumpkin farms that have more to offer. Overall it was a good experience.

Date of experience: October 2017
3  Thank margueritesuemoore
Reviewed June 19, 2018

We had such a fun vacation, exploring the beautiful state of Oregon and getting a private tour of the Roloff Farms. Zac was the perfect guide and showed us all kind of interesting things that his family has done to the farm and telling us stories about some of the fun stuff he and his siblings did growing up there!

Date of experience: April 2018