“TERRIBLE food handling!!”

Ranked #3 of 5 Bakeries in Hood River
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Hood River Bagel is the Columbia Gorge's only bagel shop. We make our bagel dough in house & boil and bake every small batch of bagels that we make. We serve locally roasted Pacific Rim coffee and offer a variety of snacks and locally made treats.
Reviewed August 13, 2017

I was horrified when I saw no employees wearing gloves or washing their hands at all. One girl was eating while cutting food and I saw several employees grabbing bagels out of the case bare handed. I ordered a breakfast bagel sandwich and watched a Brunette girl not wash her hands before she grabbed my bagel out of the case with her bare hands, then grab the egg patty and put it on my bagel with bare hands and then grab a sausage patty out of the metal container they were in, put my sausage patty on top of the lid for the container while opening the microwave, then grab that bare handed and put it all in the microwave all while starting the next order with the same disgusting fashion. I was horrified and threw the bagel away and instead opted for a banana.

1  Thank cagedbird09

Reviewed June 30, 2017

....a little slow. I think maybe they were training someone new, because it took a loooooong time to get a toasted bagel with cream cheese. But when we finally got them, they were really good!

Reviewed May 22, 2017

It's Bagels! In Hood River! You can't help yourself - you are going there for lunch. Everything I tried was yummy.

Reviewed March 16, 2017

Nice to have a bagel store in this small town, but i am sad to say it seems as if they have started to go down hill. The quality just is not the same as it was. The prices are high, and it is a little dissapointing.

Reviewed March 1, 2017

Bagels made there that's the best I can say. Not big, not delicious but a real bagel so if that's what you want it can be had in Hood River

Been to Hood River Bagel? Share your experiences!