“A very pleasant surprise”
Review of Crazy Pepper

Crazy Pepper
Ranked #35 of 146 Restaurants in Hood River
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2014

The food and staff are wonderful. We ordered salads and enchiladas and they were great. The salads were made with romaine lettuce and lots of other fresh ingredients and the enchiladas were good sized and very tasty. Ate dinner there and had to go back the next day for lunch ... they are that good.

Reviewed October 6, 2014 via mobile

To the waiter who told us their fried ice cream was made fresh daily and would arrive hot on the outside and cold on the inside, you may want to spend some time in the kitchen to see how it is really prepared. I don't think your fried ice cream has seen the fryer once... The microwave? Possibly... actually probably not. It did not arrive hot on the outside. More like they just pulled it from the frozen bag they get in every week from the supplier. I have had that exact dish elsewhere and I wonder if all Mexican restaurants have the same fried ice cream supplier.

I only went in for that so I can't judge their other dishes. The salsa needed doctoring so if you add the hot salsa and some of the chiles they bring you to the regular salsa with some salt, it tastes good.

Reviewed September 29, 2014

Beer Fest was going on, so I am hoping this poor review is due to the craziness of the meal. Ordered Margarita's...how can a Mexican restaurant screw this up? Not once, but when new ones brought, worst then first batch. Ordered Extreme Burrito (?) rice, beans, chicken, onions, etc., inside. No rice, no chicken, no onions, no guacamole...excellent waiter, he tried really hard. Left good tip...thinking not normal presentation due to crowds. May try again, but with so many good restaurants in HR, not sure.

Reviewed September 21, 2014

Went in for some good Mexican food, was delighted when I asked about the wing special.
They didn't disappoint
The chef came out to see if I liked them. :-)
I know hot wings & these are very good. Great beer menu & chips and salsa.

Reviewed September 3, 2014

Okay...again we had been told this was the best place to get Mexican. The Margarita was not good. We did not order any special one...just the house. So...if you go, do upgrade. The chips and salsa were great. Our order was not quite right....they did compensate, but between the Margarita which I did not drink and the mix up in our order......I can't give a very good review. However, if I lived here...I would give it another chance as I love Mexican food!