“A Great Place for Mexican Food, With a Deep Menu”
Review of Crazy Pepper

Crazy Pepper
Ranked #35 of 146 Restaurants in Hood River
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 21, 2014

We've been coming here for many years, and I can't contemplate a trip through the Gorge without stopping here. The place is comfortable, the staff is very friendly, there are a couple of TVs at one end for games, and the food is very good.

The tomatillo soup is among the best I've ever had, and the Al Pastor (burrito or taco) is great, too.

Reviewed December 2, 2014

We like the decor and casual feel, though it was a bit noisy. Service was good, but the dishes we ordered were just average, and some of our favorite Mexican meals were not on the lunch menu.

Reviewed October 21, 2014

The food and staff are wonderful. We ordered salads and enchiladas and they were great. The salads were made with romaine lettuce and lots of other fresh ingredients and the enchiladas were good sized and very tasty. Ate dinner there and had to go back the next day for lunch ... they are that good.

Reviewed October 6, 2014 via mobile

To the waiter who told us their fried ice cream was made fresh daily and would arrive hot on the outside and cold on the inside, you may want to spend some time in the kitchen to see how it is really prepared. I don't think your fried ice cream has seen the fryer once... The microwave? Possibly... actually probably not. It did not arrive hot on the outside. More like they just pulled it from the frozen bag they get in every week from the supplier. I have had that exact dish elsewhere and I wonder if all Mexican restaurants have the same fried ice cream supplier.

I only went in for that so I can't judge their other dishes. The salsa needed doctoring so if you add the hot salsa and some of the chiles they bring you to the regular salsa with some salt, it tastes good.

Reviewed September 29, 2014

Beer Fest was going on, so I am hoping this poor review is due to the craziness of the meal. Ordered Margarita's...how can a Mexican restaurant screw this up? Not once, but when new ones brought, worst then first batch. Ordered Extreme Burrito (?) rice, beans, chicken, onions, etc., inside. No rice, no chicken, no onions, no guacamole...excellent waiter, he tried really hard. Left good tip...thinking not normal presentation due to crowds. May try again, but with so many good restaurants in HR, not sure.