“Great Spot” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bend, Oregon
“Great Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

We booked this hotel for a one night, quick get-a-way. I was a little skeptical with it being a Best Western, but dont let the name fool you. This hotel approaches the caliber of the Oxford in Bend Oregon. We stayed in the East Wing which was very nice and newly renovated. I sprung for the extra couple of bucks to have a river view, and it was so worth it. The complimentary breakfast was a real meal and not "make your own waffles from a foam cup". The food was great and the service was great as well. The room was light and airy, the bed was super comfortable, the bathroom and shower were great and roomy, and the whole hotel was very clean. After leaving Hood River my wife realized that she had left her phone charger in the room. I used that as an excuse to go to Best Buy with her to hunt around for something that I "could not live without" and wrote off the charger as lost for good. The next day while at work I got an email from Raquel the Executive Assistant from the Best Western in Hood River saying that they had found my wife's cell phone charger and asked if we wanted it back. I replied yes and Raquel said that she would pop it in the mail. Two days later the charger showed up in the mail. That is phenomenal customer service as I am concerned, and service that I feel in these times has fallen by the wayside. I cant wait to stay there again. I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Stay in the East Wing on the river side.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dan W
CVHinman, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hood River Inn, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
Dear Dan W, Thanks so much for your recommendation, it is great to hear you had such a memorable stay. I am so glad you enjoyed our prime location, comfortable rooms, well prepared breakfast and great staff. I am especially pleased to hear that we found your cell phone charger and were able to get it back to you so quickly, yes Raquel is a treasure! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Hood river.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (621)
santa barbara ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

My family took a trip around Oregon. This hotel stood out in terms of value, quality, and location. We spent twice as much elsewhere for hotels not nearly as nice. I would recommend it highly.

Room Tip: The river view is lovely.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank sbtraveler162
CVHinman, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hood River Inn, responded to this review, 16 June 2012
Dear SBTraveler162,

Thank you for your recommendation. I am pleased you enjoyed our prime location and all of the value added amenities our hotel property offers. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
bay area, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

We recently stayed in Hood River during our road trip in Oregon. We are so glad we picked the Hood River Inn because of it's location, amenities and the property itself. We were initially concerned about its proximity to town, but it was not an issue at all. In fact, both nights we walked to town from the property with ease and enjoyed the views along the Marina.

We had a river view room and they are NOT kidding when they say the river is your backyard. We were on the ground floor and walked out from our sliders right onto the path by the river. Beautiful! The room itself is decorated beautifully and felt roomy.

The coupons they gave us for breakfast and discounts for dinner were a bonus. The food was delicious.

The location also had a gas station, Starbucks and a McDonalds for those in need.

We will definitely stay at this property again.

Room Tip: It's worth it to pay the extra for the river view rooms if you're a "views" type o...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CVHinman, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hood River Inn, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Dear Chipnchair,

Thank you for such a kind review. I am thrilled you enjoyed our comfortable rooms, our restaurant and the riverfront walking path to town. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Hood River.
Sheboygan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

We stayed at the Best Western Plus.Hood River OR. We had reserved a river view room a few weeks before. When we arrived everyone was very pleasant, the clerk(Lily) gave us two options for rooms, both with a river view. The first room was a beautiful room, king bed, but only had a picture window. The second room was in the older wing, while the room was ok and it had patio doors to the outside ground level, you had a share a patio with the next room. After looking at both rooms we went back to the desk to see what else might be available. Because they were not full and we were staying 3 nights she gave us an upgrade to one of the new rooms. Lovely room with patio doors to the 3rd floor private balcony. It couldn't have been nicer. We had breakfast included, which was a cooked to order great meal. The only thing we didn't like was having to go to the front desk for pool towels. Our room was near the pool, but quite a walk to the front desk, so usually we only took the included robes from our room.

Room Tip: River View is the best.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Barb L,

I am so pleased you chose the Hood River Inn for your three day trip to the Columbia River Gorge. I am glad you enjoyed the ambiance of our rooms, dining in Riverside and our helpful staff. It is great that we were able to upgrade you to one of our new rooms. Thanks for your suggestion regarding pool towels, we now have them available at the pool as well as at the front desk. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Hood River.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

We stayed here for an evening on our way to Walla Walla, WA. We were very pleased with the staff, the rooms and the overall stay. The rates are very reasonable and even includes a fantastic breakfast overlooking the Columbia River. Its a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dots75
CVHinman, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hood River Inn, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Dear Dots75,

Thanks for making us a stopover on your way to Walla Walla. It sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed our great location, restaurant, and our comfortable rooms. We cannot wait to have you back for another stay.
Oregon City, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

I was very pleased with your staff, specially with a young lady,which I was sure to catch her name, lily. She answered all of my questions, provided me with a lovely room that fit my accomadations (next to the pool and a view of the river and bridge). She new exactly what she's doing in a quick and prompt manner! My room was very spacious and orderly clean! Not only that but the restaurant and lounge was Exquisite! Prices were resonable and free breakfast was delightful! I will be sure to come again and definitely recommend this wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for lily!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CVHinman, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hood River Inn, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Gerald W, Thanks so much for the highest overall rating, and for recommending our hotel and restaurant to other readers. We do strive to provide a complete experience and I’m really proud of our on-site restaurant, Riverside, as well as our shoreline pool, spa and fitness center. We’re delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you again! I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to Lily, we too think she is a joy to work with. Chuck Hinman - General Manager
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

This hotel is already highly rated, and what can I add? I reserved a room with no view and one bed. When I arrived, the desk clerk offered me my choice of floors. I asked what she would pick and she said the 3rd floor with a view of the river. Fine with me!

The room had two queen beds, two counter-and-sink combinations. The view was really nice, and the north-facing windows let in light without direct glare from the sun. The restaurant breakfast, included in the room rate, was vastly superior to the standard fare at most hotels.

I was treated like a VIP by everybody, and I have to struggle to find anything to criticize. But as a former journalist, I can ALWAYS find something that's not perfect. Here goes: The microwave oven, which I used to make popcorn, sits atop a small refrigerator. The top of the fridge is not flat, and the result is that it's very awkward to open the microwave door. I think this could be fixed pretty easily, and I'm surprised that they haven't done so.

I like to come to Hood River a few times each year, and this is now firmy my first-choice place to stay.

Room Tip: My room was in the West Wing, and I was very pleased. If you can get a river-facing room, go for it.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CVHinman, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hood River Inn, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Dear 44Boppa,

Thank you for your kind review, It is always great to hear from a seasoned traveler like yourself and especially to exceed one's expectations. We look forward to your next visit and in the meantime I will look into a solution for the microwave issue you mentioned.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hood River
Comfort Suites
#7 of 8 in Hood River
31.5 km away
BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbia River Inn

Been to Best Western Plus Hood River Inn? Share your experiences!