All reviews new wing dvd player great wifi place to sleep good nights sleep coffee maker quiet location small room one night stay a great place to stay safeway gorge fridge desk downtown neighborhoods stopover
Reviewed July 23, 2018

First the good - the property appears to be newly renovated. The rooms are in very good condition. The rooms are also clean with an exception described below. There is a Safeway with a Starbucks and a McDonald's across the street. Easy freeway access to I-84 and to downtown Hood River. Summer in Hood River is a very expensive season but I got a rate at the Sunset Motel that was much lower than competing properties.

The not so good - I came back one night after an event and found that the room was not serviced, it was as it was when I left with the exception that someone took the tip I left for the housekeeper. The manager tried to make an excuse as to why this happened (the employee went home sick), but I thought that was bogus. I told hime I didn't care about some employee being sick, but he or another manager had the responsibility to see that all rooms were serviced. Another thing that bothers me is that you are required to pay in advance upon check in. Its not an advance payments situation where you get a discount, you just have to pay youi full reservation proce up front. I thought the wifi was slow.

Summary: Would I stay there again? Yes I would, but it would not be my first choice in Hood River. There are other properties in Hood River with more amenities and in better neighborhoods of Hood River. For a good nights sleep in a clean room, the Sunset would do just fine.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank MaukaMan808
Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

We arrived before check-in and asked if our room was available. We were told, yes. Then we were told no. Then, yes. Then, it would be an hour. No problem, we went for lunch and came back 90 minutes later. The room still wasn’t done. A simple, no would have been better. Room was ok for a night. If you get a good rate and need a place to sleep, it’s not a bad place to stay.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

We found our room to be very clean and comfortable. Hood River is delightful so we didn't spend much time in the room but it definitely met our needs. There was a nice balcony outside but no furniture to sit out there. It was super hot while we were there so we wouldn't sit outside anyway, but if the weather had cooperated, it might have been a nice place to hang out, if there were some chairs.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

We wanted a clean, safe place, and this place exceeded our expectations. It’s a value play, but worked really well. It’s also conveniently located on the west end of town. Water pressure could be a bit stronger, and that is our only recommendation for improvement.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

Travelling through from Bend to Portland we stopped one night. A large room which was clean and comfortable. There are a few chain eateries nearby but other restaurants are best part of a mile or so away which if you want to walk, after a long day it’s a bit far, though of course only a few minutes drive

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple