“Nice Motel”
Review of Steamboat Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Idleyld Park
Steamboat Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Idleyld Park B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed for a night. The room is small but OK. Nice porch with view to the lake. No sound other than the river at night. If you are not into fly fishing then there is not much you can do here. Bathroom is small. Beds are excellent

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 September 2017

The salmon are running and this Inn is bustling with Fisherman. We were able to get a table up front and not in back where the view is better. Our server's shift was about to end but she stayed to assist us. Someone came in and ordered coffee but he returned it because it wasn't hot enough. He sent it back three times. It was practically boiling when he got the final cup. The expression on is face and his reaction to the hot coffee was priceless. I hope his throat was burnt for a week he treated the server so badly. This place is in the middle of nowhere and he should have been so lucky just to get coffee. Big City folks have no appreciation for life's little things I guess. He seemed so out of place, I felt like telling him Starbucks is 2 hours that way. Despite a bad customer our server remained very professional. The washrooms are in a strange location from the front of the restaurant. But this place has the best hamburger I have ever had!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Were able to spend a weekend at Steamboat enjoying the peaceful surroundings, a comfortable cabin and two excellent guest chef/winemaker dinners. The meals were imaginative and perfectly paired with the wines. Meals were served at communal tables, and it was fun meeting other guests and hearing their stories. We are looking forward to another stay soon.

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 31 August 2017

We are about to end a 2 night stay at this lovely inn overlooking rapids on the Umpqua River. The cabins are modern, clean and very close to the river for lovely night sounds. The owners and staff are very accommodating; the food is delicious including the picnic lunch they provided for a hike to Susan Falls.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2017

We are visiting from England and fair enough the smoke in the valley and the closure of the river temporarily meant the stay was different . The family could not have been more welcoming. Our stay was a delightful retreat with good food and excellent lodging. The views and the sound of the waterfall below were soothing .

Room Tip: The suite is luxurious
Reviewed 19 August 2017

I was looking for a place to stay not too far from Crater Lake for my wife and myself and for another couple. We first thought of the hotel at Crater Lake, but apparently that books up about a year in advance. South of Crater Lake are some towns with several options, but we wanted a location north of Crater Lake and there are fewer choices. I selected the Steamboat Inn based on other reviews, but I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Both couples were very pleasantly surprised at how nice the Steamboat is. We had cabins 1 and 2, right on the N. Umpqua River. The river cabins all have a connecting deck and look directly over the river. It was ideal for us, giving us a place to visit with our friends, and it was great listening to the river all night long. There are paths down to the river and various lookouts that are not too steep, and the views are magnificant.

The rooms are small and rustic, but they are very clean, and they appear to have been upgraded fairly recently. The bed we had was quite comfortable. The bathroom was a little cramped, especially the shower, but it was more than adequate for us. No points lost here. I think the website states that there is no AC, and for some this may be a problem. In Cabin 1, we had an end room, which gave us two windows, one in the bathroom and one over the bed, giving us good ventilation. It is pretty cool in the forest setting. Our friends only had the bathroom window, and they said their room got stuffy. You could leave the slider to the deck open, but we weren't comfortable doing that. The rooms have portable fans. Maybe a star lost here.

It was a short walk through beautiful gardens to the dining room, which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. We had two breakfasts and two dinners. The breakfast menu offered several selections, and the homemade "Grandma's" bread and Marionberry jam were great, and fresh fruit was available. I'll give the breakfasts 5 stars. The dinners were very good, but perhaps only 4 stars. The desserts all seem to be homemade and there were several pies available. (The Marionberry pie my wife and I shared was about 10 stars.) They have a great selection of excellent Oregon wines. The dinners were served at a "leisurely" pace, but if you are staying here, this probably won't be a problem. We actually enjoyed not being rushed, having plenty of time to visit with our friends. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

A warning: there is no internet in the rooms, only in the dining room and library. Also, there does not seem to any cell phone service, though there are landlines to the rooms. I think you need a calling card to use them.

Crater Lake was about 90 minutes away and it was a pretty ride, so this worked out great for us. I live on the East Coast, so I don't know if I'll ever get back to the Steamboat Inn, but if I lived in Oregon, I would love to stay here again.

Room Tip: Cabin 1 is a good choice because of the extra window.
Reviewed 19 July 2017

My husband and I stayed at the Steamboat Inn for four nights and can't say enough good things about this spectacular place! We rented the Maple Ridge cabin, which we would do again as it was so private! Completely private deck overlooking the Umpqua River, very comfortable bed, small, but decent kitchen. The food in the restaurant was spectacular! Simple, but fresh and well cooked. We have already planned a second trip!

Room Tip: Maple Ridge cabin is completely private!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple