“Enjoyed stay-made to feel at home” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Magnolia Inn

Magnolia Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Jacksonville B&B and Inns
Renton, Washington
“Enjoyed stay-made to feel at home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2007

We stumbed onto the Magnolia Inn after deciding to get off I-5 and travel through Ashland. We have traveled the I-5 corridor since we moved to Seattle and my family lives in Southern Calif.
While driving through Ashland, Or. we decided to follow the signs to Historic Jacksonville. My wife went in to check out the hotel and returned stating that "this was the place". I was not sure what she saw that made her decide that the Magnolia was the place. It had a cute facade but I did not see anything special. I assumed she must have been really tired and did not want to check out other places to stay.
I proceeded to check in and found out the basis fro her statement. Robert the co-owner was very personable and sonw to earth. He showed us all the available rooms and they were nicely appointed. T.V.'s were a bit small but adequate.
I will caution future quests to think twice about picking the accessible room downstairs (where we stayed) since there is a waste pipe from the toilet upstairs that is in the wall and sounds like a waterfall everytime someone flushes. You get used to it.
My main reason for rating this Inn as above average was because of the owners. Robert and his wife are very helpful and make you feel at home. It so comfortable that there usually are freshly baked cookies available upstairs along with microwave pop-corn, licorice. There is a large selection of films for the VCR.
There are games and books. Breakfast is continental and if weather permits there is a nice upstairs outdoor deck to have you coffee and muffins.
We stayed two days and told Robert he need not fix the room up but he insisted on sprucing it up.
He also offered to carry luggage. We would recommend a stay at the Magnolia.

Stayed November 2007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Portland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2007

As part of a trip to Southern Oregon that included stops in Jacksonville and Ashland, we decided to stay at the Magnolia Inn. I'm a historic preservationist and enjoy staying in historic B&Bs whenever I travel. Admittedly, I'm perhaps more picky than your average traveller, but I was disappointed that the Magnolia didn't have a much historic character on the inside. It looked very much like your typical hotel on the interior, though pleasantly decorated and quite clean. We were in room #5. I wasn't a fan of the mattresses. Though new (the owner told me), they were much too soft and bouncy for my taste. The bathroom was spacious and we had easy access to the large veranda. The weather was already quite hot when we stayed here at the end of May and it was a little frustrating that our room did not have its own thermostat. We were too hot at night. Breakfasts were nothing spectacular--fruit, muffins, juice and coffee/tea. The inn's location is terrific, but there seem to be many historic inns in Jacksonville, so I would recommend looking elsewere before booking here (though this inn may be one of the cheaper ones in town).

• Stayed May 2007
      Cleanliness
1 Thank EloiseRussell
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2006

Like a favorite dish in a restaurant, I have always returned to the Magnolia Inn since I found it on my first visit to Jacksonville. I am always given the same room where I feel quite at home. The breakfast room is charming, is wonderful place to meet the other guests and the refrigerator is open in case you want to store a something of your own ~ a bottle of wine, for instance. Ambiance is wonderfully appealing here, but the gracious and helpful staff is an even greater asset. Of course, everything is close by in Jacksonville and this street is central to any other attraction whether it be dining, shopping or attenting the annual musical event.

• Stayed October 2005
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
7.9 km away
Hampton Inn Medford
#3 of 35 in Medford
0.7 km away
Country House Inns Jacksonville

Been to Magnolia Inn? Share your experiences!