“Peaceful, Friendly Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 8 Jacksonville B&B and Inns
Eugene, Oregon
“Peaceful, Friendly Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

My room was lovely, comfortable, and spotlessly clean. I liked the blue colors and nautical theme, including the shells and bottles of sands in different shades from various locations. It felt relaxing and I walked to breakfast in my bare feet. My sister adored her room with the butterfly motif and appealing view out the window, telling me she never wants to stay anywhere else in the area, even more so because they are pet-friendly. Each room is appointed with a different theme and we arrived before other scheduled guests, so we were able to poke our heads inside to admire them. The Jacksonville Review (a local newspaper), Southern Oregon Magazine, and two specialty chocolates surprised us when we entered the our rooms. The inn is conveniently located within blocks of restaurants, quaint shops, and historic sites in Jacksonville, as well as the local grocery store. It was also near our reason for visiting - Segway of Jacksonville - to learn to ride Segways and go on their fun tour of historic Jacksonville.

I didn't try the gourmet coffees and teas, but I was delighted to be able to have hot chocolate before going to bed. There were several varieties of tasty fresh pastries from local bakeries, as advertised, but I preferred the daily treats that Susan made. I enjoyed having fresh fruit for breakfast on the covered second-floor veranda; it felt peaceful. When planning our stay, I was pleased that they also had two of my favorites, oatmeal and yogurt, as breakfast options, but the fruit looked so tempting that I filled up on it in the mornings, which included watermelon, cantaloupe, grapes, and strawberries. I appreciated the convenience of a refrigerator, microwave, and toaster in the guest kitchen, as well as the instant hot water. I was tempted by the popcorn in the nostalgic popcorn machine cart while I was waiting in the downstairs sitting room, but reluctantly chose to forgo it because I was about to go to dinner.

There were books, videos, and games on shelves in the second floor hallway to borrow if one desired. The free wifi was a strong connection and was not slow like some places I have been. At the top of the stairs, there was a chess table with two chairs set up for guests' enjoyment. There were a variety of outdoor seating possibilities, some in covered areas, some not, so you could enjoy the outdoors even if you wanted to avoid rain or direct sun.

The hosts / owners were friendly and helpful, their dog Abby behind the front counter was delightfully welcoming while also well-behaved, and all the guests I encountered were affable, making for a very positive, friendly atmosphere. We loved the place. We will return.

Room Tip: Look at the photos of the rooms on their website.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Fort Jones, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

As we walked into the gorgeous Tuscan style Magnolia Inn, my best friend Teri and I went to the front desk, when all of a sudden a large dog popped up to greet us with a big smile as if to say "hi there welcome." Robert greeted us and introduced us to Abbey, the dog. Where were our camera. The charm of the Magnolia Inn was the pefect ambience for a relaxing reunion for Teri and I. In the past we always had our "girls day out" in Jacksonville, and were looking for a unique place to stay the night. I frequent Jacksonville every month, and always passed the Magnolia Inn, thinking, we should go there. It was the ONLY B&B around with two twin beds in a room. So much eye candy, antiques, paintings, gorgeous furniture, comfy beds, very large bathrooms, and the continental breakfast in the upstairs little kitchen/dining room with outside veranda was PEFECT. Susan and Robert have wonderful pastries, fruits, yogurts, oatmeal, excellent coffee and much more. This stay was the first of many to come, and it was the perfect greeting for us two "dog lovers. Love you Abby. xoSherri Corporandy Ft. Jones, Ca. and Teri Giordano, Sylva, NC

Room Tip: They are all wonderful....they keep the vacant rooms open so guests can see which one they want on t...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Cotati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

This is a must in Jacksonville, OR, just outside Grants Pass. ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL restored victorian. The house has been restored to better than new, absolutely gorgeous! Robert and his wife I don't remember her name) are warm and welcoming. The baked goodies in the morning are first cabin and the fresh-baked cookied in the afternoon are some of the best I have ever had. The rooms are beautifully decorated and appointed, the cost, at least during the winter, very reasonable. We decided to extend our stay an extra day because of our wonderful hosts and the quaintness of Jacksonville itself. BTW, check out the local winery tasting rooms, all within a few minute walk. We ate at the Jacksonville Inn, the bistro, and it too was first cabin.

Magnolia Inn is a definite two thumbs up!!

North Bend, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

A charming and restful place to rest while in the area for a family wedding. We enjoyed two nights as guests. The owners struck a great balance between friendliness and professionalism.

Room Tip: All the rooms are delightfully appointed.
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

Stayed here for one night after a week with family in Portland. The owners are extremely welcoming and helpful with restaurant suggestions etc. I was impressed with the cleanliness and comfort of the place.
Our only disappointment was in the breakfast. When we booked in a bed and breakfast we thought that breakfast would be substantial. Here they offer fairly typical hard boiled eggs, oatmeal in a packet, sad looking fruit salad. It's not displayed very well. They did have good bread for toast and excellent scones. We would have loved to have had a hot breakfast with eggs, potatoes etc.
The hotel location is excellent, on a fairly quiet street within steps of the interesting downtown area.

Room Tip: Look on-line at the photos.
Alturas, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

My husband, adult son and girlfriend, and I stayed here one night while traveling to Portland. We all stayed in the two room suite with a rollaway added and everyone was very comfortable. The inn is decorated very charmingly with some beautiful artwork on the walls that are available for purchase. Upstairs, where most the rooms are, also has a nice sitting area where breakfast is served (continental) and snacks and drinks during the rest of the day. There's even a neat popcorn machine downstairs that you can help yourself to. They also have a nice selection of vcr tapes and books you can borrow during your stay. Our room was comfortable with some nice antique pieces and the bed was great. I'm ready to come back and stay longer!

• Stayed December 2011
Redding, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

The Magnolia Inn was fantastic. The owners are warm and friendly.The Inn was decorated for Christmas and looked gorgeous. The rooms have themes. We were in the music room in the corner. It was such fun meeting people in the breakfast room. Breakfast was delicious and it was nice that you could come any time and didn't have to be there at a specified time. The Inn is conveniently located for visiting downtown Jacksonville. We could walk to restaurants and shopping. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: Look them up on the internet and you can see what the rooms look like. Even though we were on the s...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
7.9 km away
9.8 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton, Medford
0.7 km away
Country House Inns Jacksonville

Been to Magnolia Inn? Share your experiences!