“good food and good service”

Bella Union Restaurant & Saloon
Ranked #6 of 27 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed November 11, 2015

I stopped because i had a gift card, i went back for the good food and excellent service. The first night I had the tri tip steak, which was tasty, but a little tough, even for tri tip. The salad was fresh and I loved the dressing and blue cheese garnish. The re-stuffed potato however was enough to make me come back again! The bread was very good too. But my server, Dani, was outstanding; just a single person, she knew she probably wasn't going to get a huge tip (although i did tip 20%, which is on the high side for me), my service was just as good as the other table in her station with a large party, getting lots of drinks. Dessert was average. I returned the next night with friends. Again, above average service (although i don't remember her name). Everyone's order was correct, and it all looked delicious. I had the smoked salmon fettuccine; the salmon was plentiful, and the sauce was flavorful, and the pasta cooked just right.

Reviewed October 18, 2015

Our brunch group of seven had made reservations for Bella Union today. I have been to the Bella many times but today was awful. The sweet breads that they served prior to the meal were so dry it made me think they were baked on Wednesday. I had ordered Huevos Rancheros which was really good. I did ask the waiter for some salsa, but it never arrived. Actually, after being served our meals, we never saw the waiter again for anything.

When we got up to leave and I was able to see the other tables on the other side of a divider wall I noticed they all had champagne glasses. I asked the hostess at the front about it. I was told it was complimentary and it came with the brunch. Honestly, it was never offered or even mentioned. I feel robbed.

Breads were really dry, meal was good but the service was horrible. We all decided it would be a long time before we go there again. Boo on you Bella!

1  Thank molson541
Reviewed October 15, 2015

Having passed this place by on many trips, we decided to give it a try. We walked to the covered outdoor patio and it was marvelous. Every table was filled (always a good sign). We enjoyed a terrific soup, a sandwich, and a small salad. All served promptly and efficiently. Food was delicious. My only neg was the bread served in the basket~it was a bit stale but I didn't need to eat it anyway! We definitely will return on our next visit.

1  Thank maruska c
Reviewed October 14, 2015

If you're in the mood for Italian food while in Jacksonville, Bella Union has good food at reasonable prices. The spaghetti sauce tasted homemade and the bread/butter were good too. The salad was perfectly cold and crisp. The servers were cheerful and attentive. We enjoyed our early dinner.

Reviewed October 13, 2015

We had out first time at Bella Union and we were not disappointed. Great food, relaxing music and nice people serving our meal. Its a very romantic place to be with your Love or to take your family to.

I heard great things about this place and finally we were able to eat a nice meal there.

We had a great time and so will you :)