“Two times for me - "first and last”

Majestic Inn & Suites
Majestic Inn & Suites
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Klamath Falls
bend oregon
“Two times for me - "first and last”
Reviewed 17 February 2008

The motel room and breakfast were about what I expected for a $40 a night stay. Basically clean room, some stains on chairs, prepackaged breakfast foods. The negative experience came when I arrived home and discovered I had left a small, pocket mirror in the room - one with great sentimental value. I contacted the front desk and it was confirmed they had the mirror. When I spoke with the manager and asked if I could send a small, prepaid "puffy" mailer for its return, I was told, "the contract states there is a $25 fee plus postage for any items left in the room." I politely tried to explain that it was obviously a very small item of which I could provide the packaging and was again told, "you signed the contract [receipt I assume] that stated a $25 fee. But, if you can find someone to pick it up, there is no charge." So, even though I would have provided the mailer with postage, that was not acceptable but someone could pick it up for free. I was able to contact a business down the street where a kind woman went and picked up the mirror, I then sent HER a "puffy" mailer with postage and $10 for her trouble and now have my mirror. Truly terrible customer service by the motel manager. I will never stay there, nor refer it to anyone.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — uncooperative customer service
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
5 Thank ciarakat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Oregon
Reviewed 28 September 2007

While "Majestic" doesn't exactly describe this motel, it's a quiet, clean,and well managed establishment. Check in was easy and the staff was friendly.

This motel is aging gracefully under the current management, who seems to be making an effort to maintain it. While small, the rooms are very clean, and the housekeeping staff takes pride in the little things, like fan folding wash cloths and neatly stacking and organizing the towels; something you rarely see in most motels these days.

The continental breakfast is pretty much packet oatmeal, pastries, or donuts, accompanied by coffee, packaged cider mix, or tea, and plan to eat in your room since the breakfast room is only about 12x12'. But what do you expect for aroud $40 a night?

The motel is within 1/2 a block from fast food, sandwich, and pizza restaurants, and less than 1/2 a mile from a lot of sit down restaurants on South Sixth, so dining is easy to find.

You'll find easy access to Hwy 97 and Hwy 140 from the motel.

All in all, a nice place to stay.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
3 Thank KTib
Vancouver BC Canada
Reviewed 23 August 2007

The Majestic Suites and Inn in Klamath Falls was an excellent overnight stay. We were met at the front desk and all our questions about the area was answered. Our room was very clean. The breakfast room was a few doors down and had all the items necessary for a good breakfast. I would recommend this hotel/motel for a an overnight or extended stay. Overall a gem to stay at! Need I say more for a $50.00 hotel.

Rob - Vancouver B.C. Canada

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Traffic noise
  • Stayed August 2007
2 Thank RobVancouver
San Luis Obispo, CA
Reviewed 14 June 2007

My wife is one who insists that we stay in motels rated "three diamond" by AAA so I thought I was in real trouble when I saw this motel and then saw the single diamond rating. After apologizing for my error we went to our room where we found a basic and small but quite clean and comfortable accommodation. The management was most friendly and helpful and seemed to be doing their utmost to assure a pleasant stay. In short, if you are looking for flashy, deluxe accommodations this isn't the place. But, if you are interested in comfortable and very clean accommodations at an attractive price it would be difficult to do better than the Majestic.

• Liked — Well run and clean accommodations
  • Disliked — Rather small
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
5 Thank ehuff
Gig Harbor, Washington
Reviewed 9 November 2006

It was the same deal this year...driving south for a Halloween event in Reno, stopping for the night in Klamath Falls and staying at the Majestic. Last year I noted it was "Funky and Fun" and that hasn't changed. New since last year is the wireless internet access and the AAA rate has increased by only $4 per night. The room, just as last year, was very clean and comfortable, and it was well-equipped with an iron and ironing board, hair dryer, DVD player, etc. I stay here every time I'm driving south, and will continue to do so!

• Liked — Clean and in great condition, with unusually well-equipped rooms.
  • Disliked — Wildly out-of-control drivers on the road out front, including 3am street drag racing!
  • Tips/Secrets — Be sure to bring your AAA card for the best rate.
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled solo
2 Thank horizonbound
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 15 August 2006

I wish I had the kind of wonderful things to say that other folks here had, but I just can't. The management is clearly trying, with amenities like the VCR/DVD in the room and the computer and printer in the coffee room. But our room was dingy and worn, the carpet was stained, and the Febreeze smell was overpowering. It was also small and way overcrowded (if they hadn't crammed in two queen beds and a loveseat it might have been okay--but I guess it had to have the loveseat to qualify as a "suite!" The bathroom was cramped and the shower was so small we didn't even attempt to use it. We stayed here because of all the good recommendations on this site, but we wouldn't do it again. I don't mind simple, older, minimal-frills accommodations, but this place was just too shoddy and worn and outdated, especially for the price (it ain't $34 anymore--try $68!)

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — dingy, ugly, crowded
  • Tips/Secrets — lower your expectations...WAY down
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MsMaryMc
Germany
Reviewed 17 December 2005

The rooms are clean, the girl at the frontdesk was helpful. the main street is next to the hotel, bus there was not too much noise. we will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed September 2005