“best sandwiches in town”
Review of The Chopping Block - CLOSED

The Chopping Block
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Deli, Street Food
Dining options: Delivery
Description: The Chopping Block is a food trailer that serves fresh deli style hot and cold sandwiches, Panini & garlic fries as well as a sandwich special 6 days a week. There are also 2 picnic benches for outdoor seating.
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I've ordered several different types of sandwiches in the Chopping Block, hot and cold sandwiches and from the basic deli ham and Swiss on rye to a more complex hot sandwich, my sandwiches are loaded with meat and other items. Their cucumber pickles are great, I'm not a dill pickle fan and these are just right. The garlic fries are awesome, but not on my low carb diet. They even have some vegetarian choices and when I've been there, they are always adding new sandwiches to the list, also a chef salad which was huge. They give very generous portions and I've had enough for a second meal later, so can't complain. The service is good and for just two guys in there, the wait isn't what I would have expected. I've been served fairly quick and they always get my order right. They are attentive, and courteous no matter how busy they are. They had a special sandwich that was a sort of grilled cheese with a type of jam or something on it, and I missed the special day, but it's still on the menu, so will get that next time. Makes my mouth water thinking about it. The two gentlemen that work there, the owner and the other prep guy have worked around town for years and I've had great food from them wherever they've served. This new up and coming mobile sandwich place is going to do great things. Keep your eye on it and if you haven't eaten there yet, stop and do so. It's ez access in the Big Lots parking lot, you can sit at the table or order and wait, or call in an order and it will be ready. Right by the drive up mail box so you can mail your letters at the same time. Tell them the 60 yr old lady sent you.

2  Thank Sherry D