See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 16, 2016 via mobile

We initially were going to stay a night or two, but we enjoyed the atmosphere so much we are doing what we can to stay. The owner is very friendly and can be hilarious if you take the time to get to know him. We would stay again.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris B
Reviewed July 29, 2015 via mobile

I stayed here while my truck was in shop. Very satisfied. Everything worked. Fridge, stove top, microwave, and TV. Had couch with sitting area space. Located on far east end of town, but easy walk to Safeway, restaurants, etc. Train tracks across street noisy at times, but it runs right through all of downtown. Very reasonable rates.

Stayed: July 2015
Reviewed September 15, 2014

Had stayed here for the past 3 years during an annual golf tournament fundraiser for the local hospital. Previously, it was clean and the beds good for my back. BUT, although the ownership is the same, rental policy seems to have changed. There were at least 2 units that may be longer term than daily and these renters had 2 noisy dogs each suffering from separation anxiety. The unit was clean upon arrival, but no housekeeping anytime during our 5 day stay. Had to beg for clean towels. Oh...did I mention the little black bugs found in the sheets about 3 days in to our stay?

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ginny M
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I found this on a site when I was looking for a place, but I did not book it I just showed up and got a very reasonable rate! I left and left an article (a quilt)! I did not notice this right away but two weeks later I called and they said yes we have it! I told them I will be back through and pick it up! so when I booked for my return trip I told them I noticed that they did not have parking for a U-Haul pulling a trailer, they told me to park in the lot next to the Motor Inn, I asked for a room where I could see the U-Haul and they did even though it was a double bed they gave it to me at the single bed rate! I have stayed in Travel lodge and road way inn several times in my pass though eastern Oregon, and the rooms I have were very comparable to the others where I paid more! yeas coffee and donuts for breakfast too! My next trip through I will stay there again!

Room Tip: well It is a small place, and the train goes right by several times , but over all I slept very good and enjoyed the location as there was not that much traffic on the road! it is just a little out of town and KFC is not far and several other restraunts
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have to admit, I was suspicious when we first pulled into the parking lot (my girlfriend had made a reservation for one night over Memorial weekend, so it was the only place available)...but the nice man (owner?) at the front desk let us look at our room before committing and it was acceptable, so we stayed. It was clean enough, and the bed was surprisingly comfortable - pretty sure it was a new mattress. We had a blast discovering all the little random decorations that appeared throughout the room. For example, there was a single decorative tile placed on inside of the bathroom door, a simple picture of an eagle in flight...but it was placed about 2 feet off the ground, on the edge of the door by the hinges (huh???).

One warning - in case you didn't notice on the map, this motel is located RIGHT across the street from the railroad tracks, and added bonus: it is apparently a crossing, where every train that passes must blast its horn, day or night. Light sleepers *will* be woken up. My gf & I had earplugs, and neither of us were woken, but I did hear a train horn when I got up to go to the bathroom around 3am.

If you can handle the train, this is a decent place to stay - nothing fancy, but nice people, clean rooms, and good prices.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple