“A place to stay not a top pick!”
Review of La Grande Inn

La Grande Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in La Grande
Reviewed 27 October 2016

The place shows wear and tear! It was clean mostly.... the carpeting is older and not very clean.... again a place to stay if you're not too picky. The location is okay away from the street and it does have a pool.... closed for the season.

Room Tip: Maybe a room in the back.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 October 2016

Two years ago this was a fairly nice hotel - Not Now!
If you appreciate cleanliness in a hotel or have asthma Do Not Stay Here.
This is a fairly noisy hotel and generally Dirty.
The carpets are filthy - we slept with our sox on to not step on the carpet bare footed.
The hall carpets are dirty as well and the windows are filthy.
The room smelled strong of chemicals or smoke - I have asthma and had to use my inhaler, leave the windows open and bathroom fan on...which means the lights stay on. It was a very difficult night trying to breathe and the beds are not so comfortable anymore either. The bathroom was clean however the bathmat while clean was old stained and cracked, there was shampoo but no conditioner, the linen did appear clean and unstained.
LaGrande Inn used to be a favorite for our extended family as well but never again. Management/Owners are not keeping up the property and facility.

Room Tip: Stay Somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank McShe
Reviewed 24 October 2016

Bare bones. No microwave, spider webs covering windows and light fixtures. Garbage everywhere. No pics or wall hangings in the room of any kind. Crusty stains on the bedspreads. Owner and management need to be some time, effort and money into this place.

I would not recommend this dump to anyone

Room Tip: If you like dumps, this is the place
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Debra M
Reviewed 10 September 2016

The hotel service was great. It is old and run down not very clean the air conditioner looked liked it had not been cleaned in a very long time so I did not turn it on. But I slept good and the complementary breakfast was good and the coffee was great.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

Just needed a place to sleep around midnight for a few hours and wanted something cheap. Paid about $56 as compared to $108 for Super 8 across the street but OMG. This place was BAD. Carpet was greasy looking. It just felt nasty all around. They had this info sheet warning us not to open the door to strangers or go back to the parking lot, among other things. Scared us! We slept with one eye open and didn't bother to shower (cleanliness was one reason) before getting on the road at 6 am. Find something else!!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank smitjanm
Reviewed 2 September 2016

First time in La Grande and found this hotel on line. It was pleasant, the rooms were clean and the front desk was polite and willing to go out of their way to make my stay enjoyable.
I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cowboysandangels
Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

On a very long road trip and was looking for a dog friendly hotel. There aren't many in this area of Oregon. We checked with La Grande Inn and they didn't have any more left. I think the front desk attendant named Tiara saw our frustration and concern because we were outside on our cell phones looking for something else. The next town was an hour away and it was late so we didn't want to drive. I was prepared to sleep in my truck with my dog and put my family in a room when Tiara came out and said she called her manager to see if they could somehow accommodate us. They successfully worked something out and even gave us a military discount. I was so grateful for their help. When you're tired from driving as part of a 3-day drive, all you want to do is shower and lay down. This place could use some carpet cleaning in hallways and a little renovations in the rooms but I won't complain because they got me out of a bind. Nothing beats a place that understands your dilemma and wants to help. Tiara was awesome! They seemed to attract older folks which was also cool because they were very nice and friendly...a lot of them veterans; one I met served in WW11. I suspect this place doesn't get as much business as their surrounding competition but staff is probably much more willing to help patrons then those big chain places. Thanks La Grande Inn!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank BootCB
gmlilg, Hotel Supervisor at La Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2016

Good Morning, Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay with us we very much appreciate it. We do enjoy helping all of our Guest's and trying to accommodate to all of their needs. We do so by gladly accepting dogs here at our hotel, as we know many travel with their families. I am so glad Tiara could help you, and I agree she is very awesome and an asset to my staff. As for the carpets we are currently shampooing the Guest rooms first, we thought these to be the priority since guests stay in them then the hallways. It is a never ending cycle of foot traffic but thank you for bringing it to our attention, it lets us know what we need to continue to work on and make better for our guests. We hope to see you and your family (including your dog) again in the future, we enjoyed having you stay with us.