All reviews lower floor right next door would stay again off the highway walking distance boost truck portland repair
Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

We booked this through Travelocity which we usually have good luck with. Parking lot full of potholes, gravel and dust. Hallway carpet very dirty, spotted and stained and smelled of tobacco smoke. Sliding door and screen didn't close or latch properly so had to use the security bar to secure it. Windows hadn't been washed in a good while. Room, beds and bathroom were clean but looked tired and old. We had prepaid the room or we wouldn't have e stayed.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Gauralady
Reviewed June 5, 2017

Our room had spider webs on the ceiling and wall, the electrical sockets all were loose, and could wobble about an eighth of an inch, the sliding glass door couldn't be locked, and had a piece of tubing, to lock it, along with looking like it hadn't been cleaned in 5 years. The fixtures in the bathroom looked like they hadn't seen cleaning in roughly 10 yrs, and some of the tiles were popping loose, along with the paint cracking near the showerhead. The pole light wouldn't work, even with a new light bulb, and the a/c unit, was roughly 6 ft off the ground, and set to high cool, at 62 degrees. The headboard of the bed near the sliding glass door, was in front of a baseboard heater (fire hazard).

Room Tip: Always do a walk thru, when the hotel looks old, and questionable for comfort
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Codfthr
gmlilg, Property Supervisor at La Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2017

Good Morning, I would like to start off by sincerely apologizing about the inconvenience you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit as a result of your room. I want you to know I take all these comments seriously and appreciate you bring it to my attention. I am sorry to hear that it was less then satisfying, there is no excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction. I apologize for all of the things that happened during your stay, let me assure you it is not the way we like our guests to feel during or after their stay with us. We take pride in our hotel, and strive to do our best to make every guests stay an enjoyable one.

Reviewed April 13, 2017

While the property needs a bit of maintenance, it was convenient to the highway as well as several restaurants and gas stations. It was exactly what we needed after a day of driving through the mountains. The free breakfast was cold cereal, muffins, hardboiled eggs and all the coffee you could drink.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank melbob2015
gmlilg, Property Supervisor at La Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. My staff and I appreciate the feedback we receive from all our guests. We are and older hotel and it seems there is always something to continuously being working on and we try our best to keep up. I am glad we were conveniently located for you and had all the coffee you could drink at breakfast. I hope you will stay with us again when traveling back through this way in the future, have a wonderful day!

Reviewed March 30, 2017

My over the road truck broke down, and was towed to La Grande where my teammate and I stayed a week. Picked this one just because of many food options nearby -- in walking distance.

Having had overnight repairs before, am accustomed to be treated as sub-human, a reputation undeserved, but obviously held by many concerning truck drivers.

Instead, in this hotel, I felt like the most special person they ever hosted.

Lots of smiles whenever approaching the office and sincere and warm greetings just passing them in the hallway. One young woman would always make a point of speaking a Hello to any and all guests in sight, briefly interrupting herself from work or even on her break to do so. Would call her out by name if I had thought to ask, but she was the only blonde I saw.

Yet, they were all kind and helpful. From the bearded man who was involved with room service, the young man serving at the front desk at night, and the several and various other persons seen during the day.

Other than the people...

Slightly better than most motels, although somewhat old in appearance. Comfortable bed, great pillows, and the rest was standard fair-- breakfast, bathrooms, and such.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank CrewsGiles
gmlilg, Property Supervisor at La Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review. My staff and I take great pride in treating all of our guest kindly by saying hi, how are you, or can we help you? Anything less would not be customer service and we take pride in our friendly atmosphere. We really enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again! Hopefully next time it will be just passing through and not broken down so it will be a more pleasant stay. Take care and I will pass your kind words on to my staff, it lets us know that kindness does go along ways.

Reviewed March 23, 2017 via mobile

My company had a job out here for one night....thank god for only 1 night at this hotel. I don't know hy we couldn't go somewhere else but leave to someone to NOT do research.
This hotel is VERY old and smells bad because carpets haven't been changed since the 80s. They are stained heavily. The hallways are creepy. The room i was in was DIRTY! Bathroom counter was not cleaned with any cleaner. You can easily see remanence of the last person who stayed in that room. The carpet in the room is enough to give someone a migraine. The bed was hard as a rock. Furniture had visible stains in them. Floor to ceiling curtains on a sliding glass door that opened to a bed of rocks for a patio. Floorboard baseheaters to heat your cold room.
Please. If you can avoid this place DO SO. I warn you, you will regret it. The type of junkie lifestyle clientele that goes there is enough to warn you about.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank C M
gmlilg, Property Supervisor at La Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2017

Good Morning, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and concerns with us. I would like to apologize that your stay with us was anything less then satisfying, guest satisfaction is important to us. Thank you for bringing this to my attention so My staff and I can work hard on correcting these issues. No one should ever enter their room and have remanence of the previous guest left behind, again I apologize and we will correct this issue. Have a wonderful day.