All reviewslower floorright next doorwould stay againoff the highwaywalking distanceboosttruckportlandrepair
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

So I'm driving back to Portland from Eastern Idaho and it's late cold I'm tired and it started to snow. I decided I'm better off staying in a hotel then pushing onward. I was looking for something cheap because I wasn't planning on spending money in a hotel in the first place. I found the Le Grande in fit the bill. The rooms were large not overly well-lit but clean. The bed wasn't as soft as I like but for the price I really can't complain. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was pretty typical of most hotels nowadays.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
gmlilg, General Manager at La Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. My staff and I appreciate your feedback, it lets us know what we are doing right and where we can still improve. I hope you stay with us again in the future when traveling through our way, have a wonderful day!

Reviewed October 11, 2017

The La Grande Inn was far from "grande" but with all Baker City hotels sold out months in advance for the solar eclipse, this $80 room was our only option. We were greeted by a sign on the door regarding leaving tracks on the carpet. That should've been a clue. It was 7:00 pm. At the front desk was a sign saying that the bell was out of order and to call a certain phone number. It rang in the next room! Shades of Bates Motel.
When the young woman first ran our AmEx card, it wouldn't go through. It was as if AmEx was saying, "Are you sure about this?!". (I told my husband later that I was embarrassed that AmEx knew we were staying there).
We had a second floor room, and no surprise, no elevator. But at the top of the ratty carpeted steps was a huge stain. And another farther down the hall. And another in our room. The bed had two people-shaped dips down the middle. The pillow cases were two different colors. Two were white, one was a yellow-beige color. The blanket was frayed. There was no bed skirt. You could see the side of the old mattress. There was a brown rust ring in the sink. When the white towels were folded, there was a distinct yellow cast to them. Don't even ask about the grout in the bathtub.
Dinner that night was in a pretty bad Denny's which shared their parking lot. I went back to the room hungry. I was glad I knew where I packed the sleeping pills.
In the morning we grabbed something pre-packaged from the breakfast area and got out of there as quickly as we could. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
gmlilg, General Manager at La Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Good Morning, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and concerns with us. I would like to apologize that your stay with us was anything less then satisfying, guest satisfaction is important to us. My staff and I will work hard on correcting these issues, we have already begun by getting brand new carpet trough out the hallways of the hotel and many of the others that you listed. Again I apologize and we will correct the issues. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed August 1, 2017

This hotel cost us much less than other bad hotels we have stayed at so if you require a nice hotel do not stay here but for a cheap place it was pretty good.

We arrive and no one is at check in you have to call a number and someone who was clearly off smoking comes and checks us in. We head of to our room open the door and the décor is so bad it is good, Shades of puke green a striped filthy rug and a green upholstered chair. We do like the that we have a view of the pool out of sliding glass door, We mess with the bar to assure our glass door is locked, We go enjoy the pool which we really liked . We then went back to our room and put the pool towels on the dirty carpet so we could walk about in our bare feet. (if you have small children who would crawl on the carpet do not stay here!) This place is next door to a dennys that serves cocktails that was nice,
The free breakfast was surprisingly good more choices than some of the better hotels we stay in. We did not use the spa but it looked really nice ,it is away from the pool area so no kiddos in it!
So to sum it up I would stay here again as it was cheap ,if only they would get rid of the carpets this would not be so bad overall

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2017

Assigned room #138, paid an extra $15.00 pet fee. Called the front desk and advised them that I refused to be responsible for the filthy, pee stained carpet and horrific smell. Street level and the window was open and not very willing to close at all. Both dead and alive bugs in the dirty bathroom. They asked if I would like to "look" at other rooms. I'm not too sure they had much of anything better to offer. I did advise them at the front desk as well that it was filthy and honestly, unhealthy for dogs or humans. I was told they had new housekeeping staff and I advised they either needed to do some serious training or fire them. I have still been charged the pet fee and have an additional fee "pending"...I am appalled that the county hasn't been notified of this nightmare!

Room Tip: Find another hotel facility...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank sharonpolson
Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

We booked this through Travelocity which we usually have good luck with. Parking lot full of potholes, gravel and dust. Hallway carpet very dirty, spotted and stained and smelled of tobacco smoke. Sliding door and screen didn't close or latch properly so had to use the security bar to secure it. Windows hadn't been washed in a good while. Room, beds and bathroom were clean but looked tired and old. We had prepaid the room or we wouldn't have e stayed.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family