“best vacation”
Review of Paulina Lake Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in La Pine
Paulina Lake Lodge
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in La Pine
Bend, Or
“best vacation”
Reviewed 10 December 2010

We will return to Paulina Lake Lodge.It was quiet and peaceful our cabin was rustic and clean.The owner went out of her way to see we were enjoying our stay.Very nice people.When we left we re-booked for next year .This was our first time here.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 12 October 2010

My husband and I and a few friends stayed in one of the cabins last month for a few days! It was charming and rustic. The staff at Paulina Lake are very friendly and knowledgeable about the area and fishing. The food is so great! They have an excellent Chef. I would recommend visiting this cool place to anyone. We are looking forward to going back this Winter for some snowmobiling :-)

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Midland WA
Reviewed 3 September 2010

Rustic cabins in a primitive location. Stayed in the Swallow cabin; we were dismayed at where "rustic" became "indifferent".. The window screens had large gaps in the frames, the stove was full of ash, the refrigerator froze it's contents indiscriminately, the range dials were unmarked and the door latch was almost unworkable. The bath was very nice and the bed comfortable with clean linen. This area of Oregon is beautiful; if the cabins had some minor repairs and maintenance it would be far more desireable. The mosquitos were terrible for three days but seemed to go away throughout the entire National Forest area on our last day there. As a base for the serious outdoor enthusiast with bug repellent and little expectation of luxury this place does have merit.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank abrewer82

Travellers are raving about these La Pine hotels

sublimity
Reviewed 27 August 2010

My family (husband, three kids (6,9 and 10) and dog) just got back from staying at a cabin at the Paulina Lake Lodge. It was so much FUN!!!! The resort was a blast! The staff was super friendly and answered all of my kids questions about the land, the fish, the rocks, etc. The restaraunt was great as were the margaritas. The cabin was rustic, cozy and what you would imagine a cabin built in 1948 to be. It had everything we needed - beds, shower and a kitchen. There were great hiking trails and I felt very safe everywhere that I went. We will definately be back!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank teamjackrules
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 24 August 2010

I stupidly booked a weekend here without checking Trip Advisor. We were a party of 6 staying in the Eagle cabin. The cabin supposedly sleeps 8, but there are only two BRs with two full beds, a full in the loft, and a fold out sofa sleeper.

The cabin was rustic but warm feeling inside, at first. The beds were very very old, and the linens looked like they hadn't been washed since the beds were bought sometime in the last century. My "yellow" sheets were brown. The water is strongly sulfuric and undrinkable. The dishes were permanently filmed and after rinsing, a glass would still be filmed but now perfumed with sulfur. There was no dishwashing detergent, and very old and dirty dishes had been left in the dishwasher from a previous guest. When we requested some detergent, we were given a filthy almost empty bottle.

We saw the first rodent around 9:30 PM on the first night. We considered this fortunate as it gave us a chance to repack all of our food into either the fridge or coolers. Subsequent sightings revealed that the rodent was not small. No one got much sleep either night from active rodents and conversations with neighbors revealed they all had mice/ rats too. One neighboring child was inventing rodent traps as a form of play.

From the pictures, I was hoping to return for ski season and stay in the winter but no way would I stay in this dump again. I couldn't wait to leave. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to an enemy, much less a friend.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
5 Thank BikeGirl100
Cameron Park, CA
Reviewed 31 July 2010

Where do I begin with this place, first off it's old and dirty (JAY cabin). When I say old I mean built in 1948 and nothing done to update it since. First off the cabin smelled and it's creepy (dark). The water smells of old copper pipes. The sink and toilet in the bathroom were stained, the sink was down to the metal. The shower was a tin box. The beds were so old and sunk in the middle. All the towels were old and mismatched. Kitchen chairs were $10 plastic meant for the outdoors. What cracks me up is the booklet they left for guests to read, as in leave the place as you found it, do the dishes etc- really! They want you to clean this place when they don't, they don't even give you paper towels. I would never cook in a place like this-EVER! I can't believe they charge what they do, I've stayed in 4-star hotels for $69 a nite.

Thankfully we had family who were camping near by and we spent all our time with them and only slept in the nasty cabin. What we thought was hilarious was when we checked out the clerk asked us "Would you like to rebook", we should have replied "would you like to remodel"? Seriously they could make a trip to IKEA and get all new everything. At this point it must be all profit for these cabins. They haven't spent a dime on these places. My advice to stay far away from this place.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
7 Thank chillsboro
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 14 June 2010

This is a run-down, dirty place which seem to be run by people who don't want to be there. The water coming out of the tap is brown and undrinkable and the bathroom sink was rusty with age. The windows were filthy and refrigerator was warm. The instructions in the cabin were woefully inadequate. What a dump. The next day we went up a few miles to East Lake and saw real cabins for the same price with the purest water you'd ever want to drink. Do yourself a favor. Drive right on by Paulina "Lodge".

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Wall Street Suites
#1 of 44 in Bend
37.1 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Bend

Been to Paulina Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!