“Best italian food since my internship”

Antonio's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2015 via mobile

Five years ago I interned at an Italian restaurant in Carlton or. This is the best italian food I have had yet. Being a chef myself I appreciate really good food and perfect execution. This place knocked it out of the park. The food will make any Italian grandma jealous. Great job and keep it up.

2  Thank phatbennychef

Reviewed July 25, 2015

Stopped here for lunch as we were driving from Pacific City to Portland. They open at 1PM (strange) and we got there right at 1, so had the whole place to ourselves for a while. Anyway, the food was your average Italian food - nothing special - but not bad either. Service was semi friendly, but seemed like we were bugging them to be there. Probably better options in this little town.

Reviewed April 25, 2015

We were on our way back home from a visit and my wife said she wanted Italian, just about then this little sign came into view, as we have had great meals from some little places we stopped in to give it a try. We were seated promptly, and our server was there shortly and we placed our order, my wife's soup and my salad arrived a short time later, but the server seemed to get confused about our drinks, after that was ironed out we started to eat, my wife said that her soup was absolutely wonderful, however my salad was just like every body's salads, lettuce pieces too large and light on the other trimmings, it was a fresh salad though and the taste was good except the crackers, they were very stale, so after we had finished the soup and salad there was a short wait then the dinners arrived, they were served hot and was fresh, my wife said that her pasta dish tasted very good and really liked it,but my spaghetti was just average, we might give this place another try next time we are through there just see if it is just the items we chose from the menu.
While we were waiting we did notice that they seem to be doing a fairly high pizza business to go, there was a steady flow of people picking up pizzas, might try that next.

1  Thank ricky827
Reviewed February 11, 2015

Worst experience I've EVER had at a restaurant, hands down. the restaurant was hardly busy, we were 1 of maybe 3-4 tables? Took them over 10 mins to take our drink order and 15 to GET us our simple drinks. Ordered mozzarella sticks, the waitress said they take 6-7 minutes. We never got them, our meals took over 30 mins, if not more to get to us and the food wasn't even that good. I had shrimp linguini, the sauce tasted like it came from a can and lacked salt, and the shrimp was over cooked. She brought everyone's meal but one, said she would be right back with the final plate then took another 5-7 mins before returning with it! There was 8 of us, and each meal came with garlic bread, she brought out a plate of it with only 4 pieces so we had to ask for more. At that time we cancelled our mozzarella sticks and the waitress didn't even apologize for the mixup, instead she had a dumbfounded look on her face then kept asking if we were sure. Uh, yeah! Why would we want an appetizer AFTER our meal? Then upon checking out, I took my ticket to the counter and paid in cash. It took them a couple minutes to give me my $6.50 in change... Two hours of my life $43.50 I will never get back. We did not leave a tip, and we will NOT be back! What a joke of a restaurant...I'm shocked by all the good reviews! The food wasn't even worth the ridiculous wait!

1  Thank C5352TSlaurar
Reviewed December 22, 2014

We stopped to see if we could order a pizza to bake in the kitchen where we were staying. Such a request seemed unusual, but the staff was glad to oblige us. Within minutes our to-go pizza had arrived. We are glad we ordered the smallest pizza as it eventually provided us with two tasty meals, not just one.