“Flat tire/ Snow forced to stay another night”

Ashley Inn and Suites
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Vancouver, Washington
“Flat tire/ Snow forced to stay another night”
Reviewed 17 January 2012

A flat studded tire and a slow leaking other stud and no tire service or sales open my daughters and I recently stayed at the Ashley more night than originally planned.
We enjoyed our forced stay over as it was made extremely pleasant by a couple of wonderful people who happen to be employed there..Jennifer and Christina your guys are awesome. Thanks so much very adding to our extended stay.
Mom and daughters (the flats with style)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank debbutch
Supervisor A, Front Desk Supervisor at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Deb-
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us! I am pleased to hear that the front desk staff went out of their way to help you have a great stay. We hope you come back and see us again.

Front Desk Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Reviewed 8 January 2012

My husband and I have stayed here four times now and obviously, there is a reason we go back. The rooms are large, the beds and bed linens are nice and comfortable. However, this last stay was less than desirable. First off I'd booked the room over the computer and when we walked into the lobby there was large sign with room specials for the night. I didn't get the room special though...And maybe I should have said something or asked but I didn't. And the reason I didn't was the lady at the desk was less than friendly. After we got our room key we realized our room was litteraly right off the loby. As in our room door faced the lobby. I had my husband ask if we could be moved and when he asked the lady told us, "I have no rooms left but I promise you it's going to be a quiet night" ... So I stepped in and said, "The reason we came here is we've been staying with family and NEED some peace and quiet." She then said nothing and started pulling up additional rooms on the computer. And offered us a choice of three other rooms. We chose the furthest from the lobby and went to our room. I understand a busy weekend and if the place was completely packed just tell and be honest, then we could be on our way but to say that and then pull up a list of other rooms gave me the impression that she just didn't really want to be bothered by us. Other than this incident our room was ok. As I said the bed is comfy and even the extra sofa was very plush. My husband and I did note however that the tv was about 10 years old and didn't have a very nice picture and if you want any shampoo or conditioner you need to ask for it at the lobby. However after our experience in the lobby we didn't want to ask for anything else. I will say the lady who checked us out was very friendly. So maybe the other was just having a bad night. Anyhow....we just felt let down as far as customer service went.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sara I
Dallas, Oregon
Reviewed 6 January 2012

You don't get to see the ocean but it is only a few blocks. the rooms have always been clean!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Supervisor A, Front Desk Supervisor at Ashley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Stephanie-

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you had a good stay with us. Unfortunately we are not an ocean view hotel, but its only a few blocks away. We hope you come and see us again.

Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Terrible! Room cost more than quoted. Had our pet along, room smelled (cat urine) - carpet was crunchy - even dog didn't want to lay down. Humane society smells better. Husband started sneezing. Couldn't take it after two hours (waited for other family members to arrive in town). Talked to front desk about refund/partial refund and was told not possible since there was no housekeeping. Never, ever would recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank just4fun1972
Branson, Missouri
Reviewed 25 December 2011

Got a great deal through Hotwire.com and found out Iwould have done better to call the hotel directly. What a great bunch of folks! Helpful - Yes!, Friendly - I felt like family! Loved the salt-water pool and hot tub, But, my absolute favorite was the all-you-can-eat breakfast. Worth getting up a little early to enjoy. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Oregon Coast. But, plan to stay more than a day. There are lots to do and see!

Room Tip: Ask for the manager's special....there is one for every room. And, call ahead for the best choi...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Dear Lee-
Thank you for taking time to write us a great review. We are always happy to hear that our guests enjoyed staying with us. I'm glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our amenities we offer here. We have changed the full hot breakfast around since the last time you have stayed with us. We hope you come and stay with us the next time you visit the Oregon Coast!

lincoln city, oregon
Reviewed 10 December 2011

very dog friendly
clean and comfortable
informative staff
VERY PLEASED

(individual mentioned in earlier reviews no longer employed here!!!)

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review! I am happy to hear that you had a great stay with us. I am glad that you brought your pets to stay with you. We always love seeing our guests furry family members. We hope you come and see us again.

lapine
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I will start out saying i am a 70% disabled iraq vet that has a really bad back. i will start out say what was good the room rate with military discount and the room was clean and had free internet and now the bad the pillows were to hard for my liking and the bed was so hard i didnt get any sleep. i will never stay there again and i would tell you if you have a bad back or problem sleeping i would not go there.

Room Tip: ask to go see the room and check the bed and pillows and see if they are to your liking
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple