All reviews continental breakfast hot tub romance suite great view indoor pool corner room beach access oregon coast hotels in lincoln city bit dated the king size bed office staff wi fi view of the ocean living room flat screen tv great room
Reviewed September 4, 2017

We saved money by staying at Seahorse Oceanfront Lodging. Our usual Lincoln City, pet friendly lodging facility was charging close to $100 dollars more. Depending on your preferences, this was the trade-off: No Wi-Fi. That's a big trade-off for us. We learned that it was the provider's fault, that they'd been called, that the router would be re-set, and so on. Regardless, there was no WiFi. The one time we could connect, connecting took four minutes, and there was no access beyond that. Clarify when you make the reservation.

While it's true that breakfast is not included, they had fresh apples and bananas available, as well as coffee, all the time. A decent supermarket is three blocks away.

We'd walk down the many stairs to the beach, and along the beach for many, many blocks, then up other stairs and back to the lodging via quiet streets, or the highway if we needed to buy something.

There's nothing objectionable about this old, worn property. They keep it as clean looking as possible. We'd stay again if the goal were to save money, and if they could assure us that connectivity would be available.

Room tip: If you want an unobstructed look at the Ocean, ask for it.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank LuViPortland
OregonSeaHorse, General Manager at Seahorse Oceanfront Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, and for your feedback.
I do apologize about the connectivity issues, it is something we are continuing to work on with our internet provider.
We did stop serving our continental breakfast in January 2016, but as you mentioned we still do offer fruit, coffee, tea in our office.

Reviewed September 3, 2017

Loved the location (we could see and hear the ocean waves from our window) but unimpressed with the overall facility. When we checked into our room it was pretty hot inside and stuffy. It was clean but nothing more than necessary. The carpets were stained and the whole place was dated. It did have a fridge, coffee maker and microwave, which we used. The whole place is a bit strange as there are a variety of lodging options. From basic hotel rooms to homes and everything in between. Good place for families I guess. It sits on the cliffs so the trek down the stairs to the beach would be challenging to some, but we were fine with it. Loved being able to walk the long beach in the morning. Family friendly. We probably wouldn't return as I'm sure there are better places to stay for the price.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2017

We had only planned to stay one night but decided to stay another. The view from our window was stunning, easy access to the beach. Also enjoyed the hot-tub and the pool. Clean, spacious rooms, no hotel breakfast but coffeemaker in the room. Will hopefully return one day.

Room tip: We will try a room with a balcony next time, for more staring out over the sea :)
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

I rented a corner room for two nights that had a kitchenette and windows facing both north and west. The window on the northside needed it's curtains pulled, or the people in the motel next door can see perfectly down into your room. The window on the west was so dirty with mostly dirt (seaspray is normal of course) that I couldn't enjoy the surf in the least unless I looked through one of the window screens with the window open.
I rented this room because I thought it would be amazing for the view. I also wanted to use the kitchenette to save money on buying coastal food or fast food.

I went to the front desk and told the gal that I was so disapointed that I couldn't see through the windows. I wanted a different room. She began by informing me that she may have to upgrade me and give me an extra charge. Apparently she thought twice, as I was complaining about something very valid. Also, there is no way that she could have charged me extra for moving rooms without me just leaving as I had wanted the kitchenette room to save money as well. So, I changed rooms and enjoyed the rest of my stay

Trip type: Travelled solo
OregonSeaHorse, General Manager at Seahorse Oceanfront Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2017

Thank you for your review. I apologize that the first room you booked did not work out, but I am glad to hear that the second room you moved into was much better. We do our best to clean our windows monthly, and I apologize if that one was not clear. We appreciate the feedback and hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

We booked a king suite last minute while on the way.....
Pleasantly surprised with the ocean front view in a private honeymoon suite up the hill separate from hotel. Had a jacuzzi but didn't use it.
Loved to hear the ocean surf at all times from our deck.
Kitchen and cozy living room with all supplies !!
Large ensuite bedroom separate from the rest of the suite.
Very peaceful and cozy when it was cold and rainy out.
Front desk lady was very helpful and friendly .
Would recommend for a romantic getaway

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
OregonSeaHorse, General Manager at Seahorse Oceanfront Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We appreciate you taking the time to write this, and hope to see you again when you are in Lincoln City!
Kimberly Lee