All reviewsjunior suitenon smoking areaprime ribchinook winds casinoocean viewsitting areacoffee makerindoor pooloregon coastshuttleregistrationmicrowavemombalconies
Reviewed March 30, 2018

In Oregon there is No Smoking just about everywhere....hotels, bars, parks. At Chinook Winds Casino Resort there are hotel rooms for smokers. Safeway store and deli is nearby. Bring some food to your room for dinner. Enjoy a meal while watching the ocean outside your window and/or watching cable TV. Then enjoy your after meal cigarette. No need to stand outside in the cold and wind! Ready for a little gambling but don't want to walk over to the casino? Call for the free shuttle. They will pick you up and bring you back when you're ready. Win or loose, tip your driver! The Oregon Coast is a happy place! Enjoy!

Room Tip: Make sure you say beach view! There are smaller rooms facing the parking lot if you are on a tight budget.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Shelly S, Manager at Chinook Winds Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2018

Hi Laura B,

Thank you so much for your review our of property. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time here with you. Yes- we do in fact allow smoking in designated areas. The view is perfect for a great meal. Some of our restaurants have that exact same view. Next time you stay with us, you should give them a try. We hope to see you again back here at Chinook Winds Casino Resort- Where "It's Better at the Beach."

Reviewed March 29, 2018

My room was less than 50 feet from the beach. Every room has the same fantastic view. The price of the room was fair, it was clean and updated. You can walk to a very nice ocean view restaurant with excellent seafood. The casino is very clean with all the latest slot machines, food, Keno, and table games. The people were all friendly and ready to serve. The casino has entertainment for the kids so its family friendly.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor for privacy. The first floor people can walk by your window.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank garlo25

Hi garlo25,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and let us know of your experience with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time here. I agree that ocean view is fantastic. It will be here along with us ready to welcome you back on your next trip. We hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed March 26, 2018

We stayed in a Queen suite, which was clean and well maintained. We had a balcony overlooking the ocean, and since the weather was nice, we were able to go outside and enjoy the view and feed the seagulls.
The shuttle is just a few minutes away if you want to go to the casino.
The restaurant across from the office is great and you can sit by the windows and watch the ocean while you eat.

Room Tip: I would recommend making early reservations to get the best rooms as this place seems to fill up fast, especially on the weekends.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Shelly S, Manager at Chinook Winds Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2018

Good Afternoon Rodney E,

Thank you for the review of our property. Happy Anniversary!! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time here with us and that you chose us for your anniversary getaway. We hope that you come back year after year for your honeymoon celebration. We can't wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 21, 2018

A friend took me down after surgery so i could recover while looking out at the beach. We had a nice,basic room. We were able to get a porter to help carry in the bags thank goodness! The room was clean and reasonably quiet. They have FABULOUS pillows- so nice I purchased a new one to take home. They have an extensive room service menu- I have pics to upload once I find them. We were at the beachfront restaurant as well as the buffet and both had excellent food. The wait at the buffet was about 25 min but they did allow me to sit in a chair after I asked as I was getting shaky (I would advise a walker to sit in if you cannot stand for long). Can't wait to go down again :)

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank imqz
Shelly S, Manager at Chinook Winds Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2018

Hi imqz,

Thank you for your review. I am so glad that you chose us to stay with after surgery. I hope that your recovery is going well. My goodness. I too, absolutely love our pillows. It is frequent that our guests asked to purchase one from us. Speedy recovery! We cannot wait to see you again soon.

Thanks!

Reviewed March 11, 2018

Chinook Winds is definitely in need of an update we visited in November and we booked a budget room. The room was worth the value $79 super small but hey it's basically a place to sleep and shower. The bed sheets were dirty so we called the front desk and they took care of the situation right away. The staff was super nice and friendly. We will stay again because we enjoy shopping at the outlets and gambling at the casino.

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank Shauna16H

Good Morning Shauna16H,

Thank you for the review. I am pleased to say that our property updates and refresh are continuing into 2018. We are continuously working to improve our rooms for our guests. We can't wait for you to see our new bathrooms. We are just about finished with that project and then onto our next. See you again soon.

Thanks,