“Probably the best place we have ever stayed on a road trip.”
Review of Quality Inn Madras

Quality Inn Madras
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Madras
GreenLeadersBronze level
Camano Island, Washington
“Probably the best place we have ever stayed on a road trip.”
Reviewed 3 December 2011

We take many road trips staying one night at each hotel. Last summer we decided to drive through Central Oregon on our trip south. Madras was along this route, and we have stayed at many Best Westerns so we tried this one out. The rooms were nice and clean, but what really impressed me was how attentive the staff was. We had a great check in at the front desk from a lady who made you feel welcome. After entering our room, we were putting things away, and we got a call from the front desk, just making sure we got to our room and to ask if everything was ok. Nobody else has ever done that. Every encounter we had with the staff was very positive. I highly recommend this place to anyone traveling through this area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank CamanoHal
HT1Madras, General Manager at Quality Inn Madras, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
We appreciate the time you have taken and the comments you have provided on TripAdvisor. It is rewarding to our staff to know that you had a great time and enjoyed your stay at the Best Western Madras Inn. Thank you for your kind words and we appreciate your review. Thank You! Clifford Reynolds, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
McMinnville, Oregon
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We headed to Madras for Thanksgiving with the in-laws. Their home was already packed with other family, so we booked a room closest to their house. I have to admit, I was a bit uneasy about staying in any hotel when there is a widespread problem of bed bugs in the Portland area. Their website told us if they had any reported problems, which they did not. Upon arriving, we were greeted with the friendliest service we've ever had when checking in and it was the night before Thanksgiving. Our room was spotless and you could tell they are taking the best steps to keep the bed bug issue out of their rooms. The breakfast was great... because there were not a lot of guests staying in the hotel, we were greeted when we arrived in the kitchen with options for the cook to prepare fresh for us.... it wasn't just sitting in a warmer. Everything about the experience made it feel like home. When we need a place to stay or other family comes to visit, this location will be the first one to be recommended.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Naders1977
Thank you for your kind words and Positive review. We are so pleased that we could serve your needs, and relieve some of your stresses during the Thanksgiving day weekend. We all look forward to your return. Thank you! General Manager, Clifford Reynolds
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I was working nearby on a business assignment and chose to BW in Madras because it was my closest option. I was not disappointed. The service was excellent, the rooms were clean. I work early in the AM and many hotels say breakfast is from 6 to 9 so they start putting out breakfast at 6. Every morning when I went down (I was in town for 5 days) breakfast and coffee were ready and was always greeted with a smile from the morning clerk.

Room Tip: Choose a room downstairs close to the office. The pool and the main building block the noise from t...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
HT1Madras, General Manager at Quality Inn Madras, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
On behalf of our staff thank you for your time and positive comments regarding our hotel. We are very happy that you were able to serve your needs while you visited our town for business. We look forward to serving you in the future. Thank You! General Manager, Clifford Reynolds
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I was taking a week-long, meandering journey all around Oregon with no reservations. One day, as dusk approached, I found myself pulling into Madras. The Best Western looked OK, and the reviews I found from a quick search on my phone made it seem like the better choice in the area.
I was not disappointed! The room was $85 with my AAA membership, and really lovely considering it was a motel. I had a king room on the second floor overlooking the main road. It was surprisingly quiet and EVERYTHING was new - carpet, bedding, bathroom fixtures, TV. It was wonderfully comfortable and cool. The pool looked nice, although I didn't have a chance to check it out. The breakfast was excellent - eggs, oatmeal, make-your-own waffles, pastries, fruit, juice, coffee, tea, and lots more.
An excellent value and a surprise gem in the heart of Oregon!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank alouisemcg
Wow, what kind words of praise. Our entire team and myself included want to thank you for your positive review. I hope that you find exceeded expectations on future travels. Thank You! General Manager, Clifford Reynolds.
langley
Reviewed 30 July 2011

The room was clean desk clerk was nice. We found the wireless didn't work well and the pool was dirty overall it was just okay. After our amazing experience in the Best Western Bayshore inn in Eureka we were disappointed.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I personally want to inform you that we have upgraded our wireless network. We have gone from 5 wireless access points to 12 in order to ensure that full coverage will be available throughout the entire property. Another issue we are addressing is that of the pool situation that you described. We have put in place a series of mandatory checks in order to ensure that our pool is inviting to all. Thank you! General Manager, Clifford Reynolds
Bay Area, CA
Reviewed 17 July 2011

In going back and reading previous TripAdvisor reviews for this BW, I was surprised by how negative some were as my own experience was OK, value seemed good (at $80 per night plus taxes), and in fact the hotel (and Madras) exceeded my modest expectations.

I was in Madras for my first time, with my family, to attend the Rockhound Pow-Wow at the Fairgrounds and to go digging for agates on a nearby ranch. To be sure Madras isn’t a very big city, but the BW’s location proved to be excellent – easy to find (especially if you’re coming from the north), centrally located, and just a short drive away from the Fairgrounds. There are a couple Mexican restaurants practically next door and a Black Bear (where we ate our dinners) a few blocks south. The hotel is located alongside the “highway”, which is a 3 lane, one-way city street at that point and not overly noisy. Madras has some rough edges, but the BW and its surroundings felt safe enough.

This is a fairly basic motel. Two stories (in two buildings), exterior entry to rooms, parking lot views (hills in the distance). There is a small but pleasant outdoor pool and spa, with cardkey access, and also a laundry room with one washer. The facility generally shows some signs of overlooked or deferred maintenance, but nothing significant.

Our two-queen room had a standard layout, but offered plenty of space. The room included a refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom had one of the better shower/tub units I’ve encountered, with good flow and temp control and a comfortable spray from the shower head. AC was reasonably quiet, no noise from the street or neighbors, we slept well. Unfortunately TV reception was poor.

The continental breakfast offered the usual waffle maker, muffins, breads, fruits, hard-boiled eggs, and the like. No special cooked items but perfectly adequate. Space in the dining area was a little tight, but OK, even though we were there on a very busy weekend.

If anything annoyed me, it was the folks trailering boats who’d park across six or so parking spaces – not cool on a busy weekend. Also, if you need wifi you’ll want a room closer to the office; the range of their network was limited, no good at our room in the second building.

If this BW were somewhere else I’d give it a ho-hum 3 ‘stars’ -- but I suspect it stacks up very well against any local competition, and I would most likely stay there if I need a room in the Madras area again. So I give it a qualified 4 ‘stars’.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 4Runner4
HT1Madras, General Manager at Quality Inn Madras, responded to this review, 15 August 2011
Thank you for your kind words, we are looking at ways to improve. We do have plans to replace our current metal framed windows with a energy efficicent alternative. And would like to know of other ways that you saw during your stay that would help us improve.
Chico, California
Reviewed 20 June 2011

We stayed there with our children. The room was very accommodating for families with children. The room had 2 queen size beds that were very comfortable. This is on a busy road, but traffic dies down at night so we had no problem sleeping. The breakfast was much nicer than the typical continental we have had in other places. Big variety of items, such as biscuits and gravy, cereals and breads. The breakfast alone saved us money since we didn't have to take our family of 4 out for breakfast!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor. Our entire team gets to read all the reviews and it is uplifting whenever they hear about positive comments from our guests during their stay with us. Thank you! General Manager, Clifford Reynolds
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madras
0.9 km away
0.2 km away
Budget Inn Madras
Budget Inn Madras
#1 of 3 in Madras

Been to Quality Inn Madras? Share your experiences!