“Adequate inexpensive and friendly”

GuestHouse Vineyard Inn McMinnville
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in McMinnville
Irvine, California
“Adequate inexpensive and friendly”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Went to McMinnville for the sip. Fun bar next to motel. Fun local people. Hotel is a great place to sleep. Quiet!! Healthy but skimpy breakfast. They turned heat up high in breakfast area so you wouldnt eat too much! Lol

• Stayed March 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Eagle River, Alaska
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We were greeted upon check in by one of the nicest Front Desk clerks I have ever encountered. Very warm and welcoming and wanted to be certain we were set for our stay. I had stayed here about 4 years ago and the property interior is showing its age. Continental breakfast was minimal at best. May look at other properties next time we are in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Vancouver
Reviewed 16 January 2012

This hotel is located south of town and convenient to the Evergreen Space and Aviation Museum and Wings and Waves Water Park on the same property. We stayed here last year during the McMinnville Food and Wine Classic (SIP) in March and had a great stay so we booked in again for our trip to the water park last weekend. The hotel staff was very welcoming and attended our every need (extra blanket, restaurant recommendation, etc.) The rooms are clean, spacious, and feature comfortable beds and linens. Our room had a fold-out couch which was perfect for our 13-year-old son. Lots of hot water, even at peak times, and good towels. Will stay on the third or fourth floor next time as we were on the second floor this time and there was a strange "hum" coming from below us all night. Not enough to disrupt my sleep after 6 hours at the water park though! Breakfast contained all of the choices necessary to get us going - cereal, waffles, an assortment of breakfast breads, hard-boiled eggs, sausages, yogurt, fresh fruit, beverages. We especially like the waffles! We feel that this hotel is a good value for the price and will stay here again for the SIP in March.

Room Tip: Stay on the third or fourth floor to avoid noise from the service areas down below.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Seattle
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We had a tournament at the Linfield College down the road from this motel and it served our needs wonderfully.

I have stayed here before as well at nicer Red Lion and at cheaper places near by. This is our favorite. The Red Lion is newer and more expensive.

For my team the Vineyard Inn was perfect since it is clean, comfortable, close to everything and has a full breakfast included in the price for the room. It has a pool and fitness room, which I didn't use.

Another plus is that the motel is next door to a funky cafe (Can't remember the name) -- the decor may be dated, but it provides some surprisingly good bar food for a low price, ideal for groups.

I skipped breakfast at the motel when I saw the somewhat small dining room was crowded with families. So, I walked a block to the Carl Jr. The students loved the food.

The front desk staff I interacted with were professional and competent.

Bottom line: if you want a comfortable, clean place to say for the best price the Bestwestern Vineyard Inn is it.

Looks like there is another Vineyard Inn in Yamhill, so don't confuse it with the motel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Port Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed 20 September 2011

My Uncle and I stayed one night at the Vineyard Motel while on a roadtrip to visit our cousin.
The location was great for us as it was close to our destination. We had checked out the neighbouring motel chain on arrival, and felt the upgrade was WELL worth the price difference for the two of us sharing a room. Our room was clean, quiet and the beds comfortable. The staff were very pleasant and helpful during our stay, and then extremely helpful after our departure. Four days after our checkout I realized that I had left my gold opal ring on the night stand of one of the 3 hotels we had stayed at. The ring (and appartently a watch that wasn't ours) had been found in our room by housekeeping. The front desk staff and the manager have been wonderful in taking the steps to have my ring retuned to me. Special thanks to the staff member who found and turned in the ring!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Caldwell, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 September 2011

My husband and I have family in McMinnville. We come every year and have stayed at the Vineyard Inn every year. I stayed here the night before my wedding a couple years ago. In the last few visits my husband and I have noted that the Inn has seen better days. This last trip was the worst. We arrived after a 6 hour flight and an hour drive from the airport. We had been delayed leaving New Jersey and it was the wee hours of the morning when we finally arrived in Mac. We had confirmed our reservation at the Vineyard the day before. Yet the front desk person couldn't seem to find it...nor did she seem too concerned about it. Then she casually says to us "Ohhhh...it looks like someone else has your confirmation number as well...and we're all full...hmmmm...not sure what you are going to do..." WHAT?! My husband was livid. More about the cavalier and unconcerned attitude of the front desk person than anything else. My husband said he wanted the owner of the hotel on the phone immediately. The front desk person doesn't look up and says "Oh hold your horses..." Wow. Stunned. RUDE MUCH?! Suddenly a room opened up, though it wasn't the room we paid for. At that point we were so tired that all we wanted were our keys and the bed. As we finally made our way to our room we noted that the carpet needed to be vacuumed and there was an odd musty smell throughout the whole place. The bed was hard, there was a hair in the sink when we arrived and there was ONE pillow on the bed. Needless to say we checked out the next day and headed on over to the Comfort Inn where we should have stayed in the first place. The experience was night and day. The Vineyard Inn has a big problem with rude staff. They have a problem with customer service and hospitality of any kind. I know a lot of Linfield parents stay there b/c it's close to the college, but with hotels like the Comfort Inn just down the road, people will forgo the good location and the barely cheaper prices of the Vineyard for the much nicer experience and overall value of the Comfort Inn. I am fed up with this place. We will never stay again. We are done.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these McMinnville hotels

Illinois
Reviewed 18 August 2011

This is an older hotel that is showing its age. Our room was on the second floor. When we got off the elevator we notice the fire alarm for our floor was taken apart and not working. The ice machine was also missing from our floor.

The hotel staff was very rude. We called ahead to ask the desk staff to help us by printing our plane boarding passes. The desk person refused and told us we could do that ourselves at the guest computer in the lobby, very poor customer service. My wife was looking for the ice machine and asked the desk staff were it was. They responded with an attitude and told her to go to the first or third floor for ice. We would not stay at this hotel again or recommend it.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near McMinnville
3.4 km away
0.1 km away
Motel 6 McMinnville
Motel 6 McMinnville
#6 of 6 in McMinnville

Been to GuestHouse Vineyard Inn McMinnville? Share your experiences!