“Tasty Sushi”

Shiki's Japanese & Sushi Bar
Ranked #143 of 314 Restaurants in Medford
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Reviewed 28 August 2015

Shiki's a stylishly appointed Japanese and Thai Restaurant. The Sushi was very good with a wide variety available. My husband had the pepper steak which was a little too salty.

We enjoyed our sushi very much, our waitress, Rebecca was friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 17 August 2015

We went to Shiki's for a Saturday night dinner. It was not crowded when we arrived at about 6:30, and we were seated promptly. Our server got to us in a few minutes. We had some dietary concerns, and the server, who was very friendly, took the time to check with the chef about various menu items.

Unfortunately, the chef was not able to prepare any of the stir-fry dishes without wheat or soy, but we were able to settle on one of the curries and a salmon dish. They were very gracious in substituting and adding extra vegetable, The food was good, but not stupendous.

Overall a pleasant dining experience.

Reviewed 14 August 2015

I love Sushi and I've very particular about the quality and this place never disappoints. I see that other reviewers have mentioned bad service but I have not had this same experience. Occasionally there is only one wait person and great sushi always takes time but everyone I have ever had has been kind and sweet and super helpful. I highly recommend.

1  Thank Bellabeebs
Reviewed 20 May 2015

Went the Shiki's for the first time on a business lunch. It took 10 minutes for Waiter #1 to arrive with water, and then took our orders. With only 4 other tables in the entire restaurant, we became concerned after 45 minutes and we still didn't have our food, but an unoccupied table nearby had four different meals sitting without patrons . Three of us ordered a "box meal" and the 4th member of our party ordered a stir fry, and I had to wave down a different waiter in the kitchen to enquire as to whether there was an issue with our order. Waiter 1 told Waiter 2 to talk to me. This young man brought our food, telling us "It takes longer to make the box meal." All 4 of us received box meals, even though one order was for a stir fry. Thankfully, the food was good. Start to finish, we were there an hour and a half, so this is not a good place to go if you want to get in and out quickly. The food was quite tasty, but they definitely need to improve their service.

Reviewed 10 January 2015

Another party in addition to ours waited for approximately 5 minutes before staff even approached us to seat us on an evening that was not busy. The sushi chef could see us standing there but he couldn't seat us because of his work and almost appeared distraught that no one was assisting us. The 2 waitresses that catered to our needs were both friendly but absent throughout the meal. It took another 10-12 minutes to take our order after drinks arrived. The food makes up for it. I often drive-by this restaurant and I knew the food had to be good. We had all sushi and the specialty rolls were excellent. I highly recommend the LAS VEGAS ROLL. It has jalapeno and genuinely perfect flavor profile. Come for the food, not the service.